Old 03-12-2015, 08:24 PM   #11

Inverter fires are far too common

Speaking from first hand experience I can tell you that many "over the counter" inverters have been known to catch fire. Mine was turned on with a very light load and started to burn. Thank goodness we were in the coach at the time and put it out with a fire extinguisher. Morale of the story - Buy a good quality inverter with good ratings from other users.
Also note the cheaper inverters do not produce what is known as a "pure sine wave" so they may not power a phone charger or other electronics that need a pure sine wave power supply.
Do your research and you will save yourself a lot of potential grief.

Old 03-13-2015, 12:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennFC View Post
Speaking from first hand experience I can tell you that many "over the counter" inverters have been known to catch fire. Mine was turned on with a very light load and started to burn. Thank goodness we were in the coach at the time and put it out with a fire extinguisher. Morale of the story - Buy a good quality inverter with good ratings from other users.
Also note the cheaper inverters do not produce what is known as a "pure sine wave" so they may not power a phone charger or other electronics that need a pure sine wave power supply.
Do your research and you will save yourself a lot of potential grief.
Your right in saying buy a well known Inverter, the one I bought is the Rolls Royce of Inverters, quite expensive but has excellent reviews I think they are made in Australia and definitely not made in China, this is the link if anyone wants to have a look http://www.projecta.com.au/Products/Inverters.aspx

I did buy a Chinese Inverter 4 years ago 2000 watt, lasted 1 month and stopped working did not get a refund, so as you say the way to go is look at review's like I did and you will sleep well at night,

Old 03-13-2015, 11:31 AM   #13
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
could there be a problem with a 50 herz. output?
Old 03-13-2015, 11:53 AM   #14

Inverter

My new 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback inverter from the factory is installed above the two batteries in the battery compartment,Hmm what to do?
Old 03-13-2015, 02:01 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
could there be a problem with a 50 herz. output?
Over here in New Zealand and Australia the power supply runs at 50Mhz,(230/240v not sure what the States are is it 60Mhz??
Also I think the UK is 50Mhz as well.
Old 03-13-2015, 05:19 PM   #16
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
sorry, i just looked at your 1st post and you are on the 50 side of the world. it's 60 in US.

Tags
battery, inverter