Old 07-07-2016, 09:10 AM   #1
'13 fr 3100ss

This rv is relatively new to us. First trip out and we have some questions that are not being resolved in the owner's manuals. Hoping you folks have some insight for me on a couple of things:
1. The MH is equipped with a radio that includes navigation and Sirus. yesterday it stopped working and kept giving an error code of 330? After much fussing we got the thing to function again. Now it keeps telling us that the maps are out of date. What is the procedure for updating those and is this done thru FR or an outside source?
2. Having some slide concerns. The 3100 has the dinette and couch slide. In another thread from another forum member I learned something about the type and the operation. Printed off the user guide for reference. keep finding metal shavings under the very front of the couch. Don't know if this is left over from the installation back in '13 or something new. Have already sprayed silicone on the tracks that appear when the slide is out underneath the unit. Is there other lube required?
3. We have a factory installed surround sound system which is attached to the radio. It has a selector switch mounted on one of the cabinets marked A, B, Both. It appears that in one position (both) it includes all the overhead speakers and the door speakers. A & B appear to be the same powering all the other ceiling speakers. When fooling around with the slide I found a woofer hidden under the couch. Have no idea if it works as I have not run any tests yet. Is there any clear info available on how this system is intended to function with the radio? Also have one ceiling speaker that is not working at all. How does one open up the unit to inspect it?
4. The shower and the bathroom faucets all operate in reverse of plumbing standards for a home. Is this normal?
5. Trying to locate the drive motor for the slide. One member has suggested that it is under the dinette but there is no access in the rv for that. Is it mounted outside under the dinette possibly?
6. In today's mail I received a recall notice from Ford for a emissions fix. Requires a new program for the ECU. Wonder how that will effect the overall running of the engine from a performance standard. Any ideas or experience with this recall?
Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.
Walter & Anne
2013 Forest River Sun Seeker 3100SS

wogden is offline   Reply With Quote