Old 01-29-2012, 06:55 PM   #1
2007 Georgetown - Oven Pilot Light

I have a 2007 Georgetown with it's original equipment. I have used the Oven once and had to light the pilot light, took almost 15 minutes to get it started but eventually got it going. That was almost 3 months ago. Just tried it again this weekend and after almost 30 minutes it still would not light. LP tank is 2/3 full and on and all of the stovetop burners all worked fine.

Any suggestions?

dralph9612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
Lottery Non-Winner
I don't have a fix. I'll just say they are a hassle to light. I too have struggled for extended periods in order to get it to light. Just ensure you are heating the sensor in the right spot so it will open and allow the LP to flow to the burner. It's not just a matter of lighting the gas. The gas won't flow unless the sensor gets hot enough to open the line.

2011 Georgetown 337
Ovair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:20 PM   #3
We've had the same problem with our 2007 Georgetown 370XL. We gave up and started using the convection oven. ( My wife loves the convection oven, now that she's used it several times. We're wondering why we don't have one of these in the house.) I still wonder why the oven won't light. I guess we've not used the oven three times but until this last trip have not had any problems with it.
Camping 2012 (5)
Flyboy740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:05 PM   #4
Sometimes the front panel of the stove prevents the knob from fully depressing the stem of the valve while lighting the pilot. Check that when you depress the knob that it is pushing the stem of the valve fully. Try pulling the knob off and depressing the valve stem with your finger. If this works pack a bit of material into the knob to help.

MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:53 AM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member
Haven't had any oven pilot problems. I use a long wand type lighter to light the pilot. I always light the high output burner first to make sure there's next to no air in the line. I usually set knob to pilot and press in the knob. Hold it for about 30 seconds before I attempt to light it. Most times it lights within a few seconds. Once it's lit it stays lit. This is the same procedure I used with our trailer years ago and it seems to work about the same each time.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:41 PM   #6
washer removal

i have a georgetown and want to know what to do to remove washer for more space

ajh is offline   Reply With Quote