Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2010, 06:12 PM   #1

2010 rockwood Roo furnace problem

I hope this is not just my problem. My furnace does not allways turn on when i turn it on in the morning. I get up and turn the switch to on than up to the temp i want it to be. The fan always come on but will not always Click (ignite) and the fan will just run. so i will turn it off and on than it will come on. Well sometimes. I have it in getting worked on now and they seem to not have the problem. I am thinking a loose wire? or is this a problem with this set up?
thanks for any help
Tom T
Tom T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:18 PM   #2

I had the same problem with the furnace in our '94 Fleetwood Flair motorhome. Good thing for you it is under warranty. I must have replaced every part in that dang furnace before I gave up and bought a new one. Let us know what they say when you get it back.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 06:22 PM   #3

I called them and they say it works fine with no problem starting. Just my luck!! so when we pick it up after they fix the fresh water tank bar that is bent i will try to make it happen than.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:31 PM   #4

Tom T,

Being new, and I'm guessing under warranty, the repair is not your problem. But, check out the link below.

RV Furnace Trouble Shooting
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:18 PM   #5

Did they give you any reason for the bent bar on the fw tank? Just curious since ours seems to have the same issue.
2011 Shamrock 23ss
2010 Ford F150 super cab 4 X 4
ilovecamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:34 AM   #6
camping

our furnace had the same problem, mine was repaired at the factory and when I asked what the problem was they said they just replaced the unit. for them it is just easier to replace than troubleshoot. our unit also had a bent bar on the fw tank, found this out because the sensor was not working correctly. its all been "fixed" now. no explanation as to why but there were 4 managers looking at the problem, I think ours was built at a different plant than yours.

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 04:16 PM   #7

about the bar they said that forest river say to only fill 1/2 way... well that works if you dont dry camp. lol or if there is a place to fill it later..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovecamping View Post
Did they give you any reason for the bent bar on the fw tank? Just curious since ours seems to have the same issue.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:19 PM   #8

the furnace is not fixed yet. they said that they could not make it not work. of course it did not work when i got it home and it was to hot to test it there. so now i am trying to run it every day and write it down so i can keep track of it. so i can give that to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tentcamper1 View Post
our furnace had the same problem, mine was repaired at the factory and when I asked what the problem was they said they just replaced the unit. for them it is just easier to replace than troubleshoot. our unit also had a bent bar on the fw tank, found this out because the sensor was not working correctly. its all been "fixed" now. no explanation as to why but there were 4 managers looking at the problem, I think ours was built at a different plant than yours.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:26 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom T View Post
I hope this is not just my problem. My furnace does not allways turn on when i turn it on in the morning. I get up and turn the switch to on than up to the temp i want it to be. The fan always come on but will not always Click (ignite) and the fan will just run. so i will turn it off and on than it will come on. Well sometimes. I have it in getting worked on now and they seem to not have the problem. I am thinking a loose wire? or is this a problem with this set up?
thanks for any help
Tom T
Tom T we haven't tried our furnace since spring but I remember the fan running a long time before it ignited. I recall one time it ran long enough that I was thinking we had ran out of propane - but before I got out of bed to check the propane it fired & run fine.

It must be a different furnace that our former trailer had because the fan is very loud.

Number of nights camped in 2012 65
Number of nights camped in 2013 82
Number of nights camped in 2014 105!
Number of nights camped in 2015 81
Emptypockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 06:55 PM   #10

Furnaces have a self check during ignition trial and run. If they sense no ignition or lost ignition they will lock out from further attempts. Depending on the model that can be reset by turning off the stat for 30 sec or so and turning back on, some require the power to be removed and reapplied.
rick_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:39 PM   #11

Gas line leaking

Check your gas lines and connections for leaks. My old TT had a very slow leak at the tank hoses and the lines would bleed out over a week. Then when I tried to run the heater the system would have no ignition and it would time out and lock out. I replaced the hoses and no more problems.

2007 FOREST RIVER SURVEYOR 235RS
Good news guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:42 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Are you sure you are letting the fan run long enough? It is not your house furnace. Mine sometimes runs for two minutes before it lights, and that's a long time when you are expecting it to start in 15 seconds. I haven't gotten into the lighting sequence on a newer furnace, but it may take longer than you think it should. Make sure you let it run until it "locks out" before you declare you have a problem. Your problem may just be perceived, and I mean no disrespect.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote