Old 06-06-2014, 11:46 PM   #1

2011 390BH Audio/Video

Our MH has a eltrobrand sts2891-RV entertainment system which I think is an OEM of RCA.

The dvd player built into the unit is very 'wonky' and wont play most of our dvds. I have been reading on the forums all night and it sounds like the speakers in the ceiling are 4ohm speakers and they sound like crap honestly. I would like to replace them but I doubt I can do that in the short term. I'll have to take one out and visit a BestBuy and have some time to replace them. Anyone replaced theirs that can recommend a good replacement speaker?

I was hoping to replace the existing dvd/entertainment system with something that supports bluray and has speaker out and I found a newer RCA unit with bluray and speaker out:

Amazon.com: RCA 300W Blu-ray/DVD Home Theater System - Black (RTB1013): Electronics

I also saw a nicer samsung unit:

Amazon.com: Samsung HT-H4500 5.1 Channel 500 Watt 3D Blu-Ray Home Theater System: Electronics

We also have a video distribution model AVS100HD (AVS100HD) but it does not support HDMI.

How would you go about rewiring the crappy component cables that go from the cabinet under the TV to the back bedroom? Are the wires enclosed in piping where I could tape an HDMI cable to the cabinet and pull it through to the bedroom?

Alot here, but I'm mainly asking for: 1. Speaker recommendation. 2. DVD/Entertainment recommendation. 3. Wiring Genius to help me figure out how to rewire rear tv .

Also, if I wanted to be brave how could I wire hdmi to the bunks?

Old 06-07-2014, 01:27 AM   #2
Cyclone

What type of unit is this in? I don't see it listed in your profile and I don't want to assume FR only uses the 390BH designation in the Berkshire line.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forest River Forums mobile app

Camping nights: 2015 - 19, 2014 - 39, 2013 - 48
beipers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:31 AM   #3

Its a 2011 Berkshire 390BH
Old 06-07-2014, 05:01 AM   #4

I know someone I think Gasman just did his. I have been wanting to do my 390RB. The RCA wires are not in a tube. And are stapled in place so don't plan on using them to pull HDMI wire. I use a Blue ray player on the main tv and us HDMI to the TV. Also the quickest fix for the crappy speaker is a sound bar. Not the best but cheapest and easiest.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:55 PM   #5
Cyclone

In my 2013, the audio/video cables for the TV in the rear bedroom drop through the floor below the entertainment center into the water compartment. They cross over the coach and go back up underneath the refrigerator. I can see these wires if I open the RH water compartment door and remove the white panel on the top half to expose the grey and black tank. By removing the grate below the refrigerator, there is an access panel in the floor next to the heater that lets you get to the void under the furnace. In that space are 2 moveable wire guides, one for the kitchen slide and one for the bunk slide. The video cables run through the rear guide and into the slide behind the front trim panel. I can see the guide by shining a flashlight at the floor between the pocket door and the front of the bunk slide. From there they are routed under the bottom bunk and are accessible by lifting the bunk and board. In that area the cables are stapled to the floor. There are also connections in this area for these cables as well as all of the electric wires in the bunk. This is important if you have any issues in the bunk with power, this is a good place to look. From this area, the video cable enters a hole in the back wall and is routed up to the TV through the wall. I only know all of this because I routed a RG6 coax cable through this area for a satellite receiver.

Camping nights: 2015 - 19, 2014 - 39, 2013 - 48
beipers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
390bh