Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-04-2013, 01:11 PM   #1

2013 Sunseeker Heater Problem

I have a new 2013 Sunseeker and the heater does not come on right. First, there is propane to the stove so I know it is on. Second, the blower comes on but no hot air. I have no material on how to check the pilot light or where it is located. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
corndancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

im wondering if it even has a pilot light ?

It should be dsi Direct Spark Igniter .
can you hear or have you heard a clicking noise when you first turn it on ?
mind you your stove can still light and have flame but not enough gas flow to fire your furnace !
have you been using it or first time ?
if its your first time try shutting off propane tank valves and then slowly slowly turn them back on..

welcome to the forum and congrats on your new unit !

turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:40 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Corndancer. Can you tell us what make and model furnace you have? Just curious.

It sounds to me that the unit is in lockout if it is trying but failing to light. This happens when a spark fails to light the burner. The blower will continue to run until the tstat is turned off and reset (in general).

Again- this is general to heaters. You need to find out why it is not igniting. Ron's suggestion about the propane is a good start. You can also begin to diagnose the DSI. The board works on a timer. It directs the blower to start, then it sends a current to open a gas valve and another current to produce a spark. It will either confirm a flame and you are good to go, or confirm no flame and try two more times to light after which it goes into lockout.

But, I really wouldn't go mucking about with the heater unless you are comfortable with this type of project. I see you have a 2013. Is it possible to take it to the dealers or to call them and have them walk you though some things?

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #4

We had a similar problem and it was because the fan was on. We turned the fan off and the heat worked fine. The controls are a little confusing.

stonekeepers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #5

We turned off the propane valve and then back on. We think the person that filled it recently may have turned it off part way. We also checked the fuses. It is now working. Thanks evryone for your suggestions. We have been in this for two months now visiting family and friends all over the country. Currently in New Mexico and then onto the Grand Canyon. Once again, thanks for the quick replies.
corndancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:30 PM   #6
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by corndancer View Post
We turned off the propane valve and then back on. We think the person that filled it recently may have turned it off part way. We also checked the fuses. It is now working. Thanks evryone for your suggestions. We have been in this for two months now visiting family and friends all over the country. Currently in New Mexico and then onto the Grand Canyon. Once again, thanks for the quick replies.

One more note .
If the system was run out of propane and you get your tank filled when you install tank and screw on hose make sure valve is off! Then always slowly turn valve back on.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote