Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2014, 08:24 PM   #1

2014 lacrosse 318 TV and other 30 issues

Well first of November we took camper to dealership bc well it is brand new we bought end of September lol and well it had 31 issues that needed fix one of them was the tv. We picked camper up Saturday took straight to the camperground got set up and well right off the bat the TV turns on but no channels. they said they fixed issues and changed the booster thing but like i said before the dealership is with in a few blocks and miles of all the news stations. The campground we are at is only 20 miles at most from stations and no matter what direction the antenna is nothing the booster is on, I can unhook the tv from camper antenna hook it up to a lil 10 dollar antenna from walmart and tv comes in great.. called dealership they said they dont know what to do that maybe I can get more our of the manufacturer then they could and that i should camp at a different campground lol.. well out of al teh campers weve owned 5 and never this issue.

a few other issues included dinnette bed fell, table was messed up, carpet was ripped, styrofoam was coming out of holding tanks, holding tanks werent emptying, couldnt get back flusher to work, the door locks fell out, kitchen door in bind, 4 windows leaking (which still havent been replaced bc they said they still havent gotten windows from manufacturer) blind wasnt mounted, just to name a few
Nevalicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:35 AM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to dhatfield6
Sounds like the same quality control inspection my unit got before leaving the plant! LOL. Absolutely NONE!

I've been told by 3 dealerships that its cheaper for them to take care of all the issues that the factory puts out to the owner, than it is for the factory to build and inspect the unit correctly.

Out of the 12 month factory warranty my XLR was with the dealership for 5 months correcting issues.
[FONT=Arial]Trips in 2013-(4) Nights Camped-(56) Trips in 2014-(5), Nights Camped-(60)
Trips in 2015-(4) Nights Camped-(44) Trips in 2016-(2) Nights Camped-(17)
dhatfield6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:43 AM   #3

After nearly three years my bunk tv quit getting reception....and the bedroom one was hit and miss on antenna as well...ended up replacing the 3 way splitter behind the switch panel....not sure what was wrong with it but after, all the tvs get signal now...?...it all worked when new...although the bunk tv was a little grainy now that I think about it. ..

. ...and after bouncing down the road for 10000 miles you will create/find lots of other stuff too...lol

sent from fat fingers via a space dish thing with no regard to grammer.
2012 lacrosse 318bhs touring- sold
ironj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:11 PM   #4

You need to make sure all the connectors are good. Chances are something isn't making a proper connection. Remove wall plates and verify the connectors are good. If you can, I would change all the connectors to good snap ones. The crappy crimp connectors they use are junk.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:39 PM   #5

My screw on cable cord to tv vibrated loose and fell off after a few trips. I assume from road bumps and it wasn't on tight. Drove me bananas for a few because I had it working one day before. I soon figured out my orob
Todouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:05 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevalicous View Post
Well first of November we took camper to dealership bc well it is brand new we bought end of September lol and well it had 31 issues that needed fix one of them was the tv. We picked camper up Saturday took straight to the camperground got set up and well right off the bat the TV turns on but no channels. they said they fixed issues and changed the booster thing but like i said before the dealership is with in a few blocks and miles of all the news stations. The campground we are at is only 20 miles at most from stations and no matter what direction the antenna is nothing the booster is on, I can unhook the tv from camper antenna hook it up to a lil 10 dollar antenna from walmart and tv comes in great.. called dealership they said they dont know what to do that maybe I can get more our of the manufacturer then they could and that i should camp at a different campground lol.. well out of al teh campers weve owned 5 and never this issue.

a few other issues included dinnette bed fell, table was messed up, carpet was ripped, styrofoam was coming out of holding tanks, holding tanks werent emptying, couldnt get back flusher to work, the door locks fell out, kitchen door in bind, 4 windows leaking (which still havent been replaced bc they said they still havent gotten windows from manufacturer) blind wasnt mounted, just to name a few
holycow.... hope you get them all fixed soon so you can enjoy the season

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, lacrosse