Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2015, 12:22 PM   #1

2014 pRISM 24g PROBLEMS.

We took it in for repairs of door that wouldn't shut, radio that wouldn't work, and awning that wouldn't close. The dealer was not our selling dealer, but was very helpful! The got the awning working properly. The followed the manufacturers instructions and reconnected the connections on the radio. Two of the buttons work now, but seek and scan don't. They adjusted the door but it still works properly less than half the time.
The cabinet glass panes fell out during the first week of use, so rather than fool around with more glass that could break, I substituted fabric covered eighth inch plywood. Much better. I have read that taking the door handle apart and grinding off the casting flashings will solve the door handle problem, so I'll try it. I've NEVER had an RV whose entry door lock worked properly. They all use the same poor quality door lock assembly! But my BIGGEST complaint is the Jensen electronics. Jensen is the bottom of the barrel in electronics. I've already replaced the TV's with Vizio TV's, but the Jensen dash radio is the only one on the market that will handle three cameras triggered by turn signals. The dealer says they are going to work with Forest River to solve the problem. A remote would solve the problem, but remotes are no longer available for the dash unit! There are other problems, such as the water door falling off while travelling, but after nearly fifty years of RV-ing, I've learned to deal with most problems myself to avoid making payments on an RV that's waiting in line at a dealership for service!

Tags