Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2016, 10:58 AM   #1

2015 26RR grey wolf CO detector

has anyone had any trouble with this? I ended up cutting the wires to make it stop going off... I am going get another unit before I camp in it again, but I was working in it with the heat on fixing the valve in my toilet and it started going off. it concerned me so I opened the back and the the side door and I put a big fan in to get fresh air through to get it to go off. It would not shut off... I held the button down and it would stop for a moment then right back at it again... even will all fresh air going through. only way to make it stop was to cut power to it... is there trouble with this unit? am i missing something? so i not understand how this works? any advice would be great... i would rather not kill my wife and myself in our sleep because i am missing something lol so I do plan to get a home unit from lowes that runs off battery.
Eastern Carolina (Craven county)
Douglasmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:03 AM   #2
Site Team

What was battery voltage? If you had things running on a weak battery it could cause the CO detector to go off. It will alarm on low battery.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 11:15 AM   #3

It was plugged up to the house so that should not have been an issue
Old 03-21-2016, 11:34 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglasmb View Post
It was plugged up to the house so that should not have been an issue

True unless your converter quit working

2008 2500hd Duramax
2015 Columbus 320RS
2016 nights camped "0"
2015 nights camped "34"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 01:49 PM   #5

have had no other issues with it at all and it charges the batt up through my household plug... I think I will still get a secondary detector for peace of mind and wire that one back up and see what it does.
Old 03-21-2016, 02:09 PM   #6

I know smoke detectors can go off from insects of excess dust.
firsthere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 09:03 AM   #7

It wasn't End of Life warning signal?

Land of 10,000 Lakes
2016 Forester MBS 2401R
Old 03-22-2016, 07:36 PM   #8

I have a similar problem with my unit ... I am currently working on figuring out what is going on . On mine , the detector would go off every night ( we were on a 6 week trip out west ), most annoying . We could find no reason for it to go off . On closer inspection I noticed that when it was beeping , the indicator light s on it were saying that we had low voltage ... I have a digital voltage meter that said my voltage was fine . Sooo we shut the fridge off every night till we got home ( just to be safe , since it was the only thing running on propane at the time) . I took the trailer to the dealer that sold it to me and he replaced the detector . This was in September last year ... we only went on one more trip in 2015 we were plugged in on this trip so it seemed as if it was fixed . I've been getting it ready to head to Tennessee next month and the thing started going off . I checked my batteries with a hydrometer , they are good , I have at least 12.6 volts on my meter . the same low voltage warning as the first detector ... I was puzzled . I figured , if the detector says I have low voltage ... let me see what it thinks the voltage is . I disconnected my volt meter from where I normally keep it and hooked it directly to the co detector . I seemed fine . 12.6 volts . I had lights on , the TV , opened and closed the awning everything worked and the detector was happy . Then I turned on the fridge . (on propane since I was in the driveway ) It started beeping , indicating low voltage , I looked at the volt meter and it said 11 then 10.5 , down to 10 volts and continued to fluctuate in that range ... that is low voltage . I turned the fridge off and the voltage popped back to 12.6 volts . and the co detector eventually shut up .
Currently I have another volt meter on order - I want to make sure where the voltage is getting messed up before I go to the dealer ... I don't think the co detector is at fault . If you are not yet asleep ... What I am suggesting is . to get a voltmeter and ( since you have already cut the wires ) hook it up to the co detector and see what it is thinking . Another thought that I have not yet checked out is , exactly what voltage does the detector consider low.
Over the next few weeks , I will continue playing with it and hopefully will get it resolved . AND why is the fridge freaking out the voltage . Also , just to be safe , I did buy a battery powered co/lp gas detector and that has not yet indicated any type of issue .
lbmaples is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grey wolf