Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2015, 03:03 AM   #1

2015 Salem Cruise Lite 272QBHXL TV Backer Board

I was wondering if anyone knew the standard instructions for mounting a TV on the backerboard? Can I install, say a 32" TV without having to add anymore wood pieces to the backerboard, or is the backerboard strong enough for a basic mount and TV? I will say that the backerboard on the Dinette and kitchen side and the backerboard in the Queen Bed side are back to back with a total thickness of about an inch and a half. Both the kitchen side and queen bed area have recessed areas for tv's, but I dont see how you can mount 2 tv's on both sides due to the thickness. Need some help on this. Thanks.
miimagination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:26 PM   #2

Interesting, I'm looking for some suggestions/solutions for this very same issue! Have you made any progress?
PIAABRO210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:31 PM   #3

Backerboard 2015 Salem Cruze Lite 272QBXL

I discovered that the backerboard is 2 pieces of plywood that are sturdy by themselves. Just don get screws any longer than an inch and a half to an inch and 3/4" in length. Thats it. It is sturdy enough to put no more than a 32" TV.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:41 PM   #4

Backerboard 2015 Salem Cruze Lite 272QBXL

I discovered that the backerboard is 2 pieces of plywood that are sturdy by themselves. Just don get screws any longer than an inch and a half to an inch and 3/4" in length. Thats it. It is sturdy enough to put no more than a 32" TV.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:57 PM   #5

Ok, copy you on the backer board & screw lengths. So what type/brand of TV Mount did you end up deciding on? I'd like to get one that has the full motion arm and extends out. So I’m debating between these two setups and I’ve jotted a few Pros/Cons:

SANUS VuePoint F107d Full-Motion Wall Mount – Pro: Inexpensive, Wal-Mart carries them, easy to install Con: Extends out only 7.5”, vertical connection points with only TWO points of contact to backer board, when retracted has about 4” offset, when retracted back front of TV may stick out about 1” to 1.5” out from enclosed TV slot. http://www.walmart.com/ip/SANUS-VuePoint-F107d-Full-Motion-Wall-Mount/38078602

MORryde TV1-006H – Pro: Pull handle locks it in place, extends out about 18”, a more rectangular mount which will provide better distribution of weight onto the backer board Con: 2X’s $$ than the Sanus, more holes need to be drilled onto board, when completely retracted back front of TV will still stick out about 1” to 2”. http://www.morryde.com/products/67-extending-swivel-wall-mount-light-duty?return=%2Fproduct-category%2F1-tv-mounts

Thanks for your time!
PIAABRO210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 02:12 PM   #6

Smile TV Mount

I bought a tv mount at walmart and called the maker of the mount and they said they could not warrant there product in a travel trailer as they are made to withstand weight when screwed into 2x4. I bought a tv mount at camping world that is for a travel trailer. I bought a regular wall mount that does not extend or turn, but dont really need those features as you can only see the tv from a not so angular amount of space in a cruise lite. You save yourself a few dollars as well.

Tags
salem