Old 02-26-2016, 11:18 AM   #1
2016 Stealth, propane fridge pilot wont ignite

I have a 2016 Stealth WA2916. This is an ongoing problem I have had, but for example here's how today went down.

Propane tanks were both connected, never disconnected, but turned off. I turned them on and heard the regulator (I think) clip as there is pressure. I went inside and turned on all three burners on the stove and lit them all. I ran them for bout 20 seconds, then turned them off. Then I turned the fridge on and went outside. I could hear the tick-tick-tick over and over and periodically a light then it would stop, the tick-tick-tick repeating. I had to go through this for bout 5 minutes of turning the fridge off/on and letting it continue until eventually it was able to light and stay lit.

This is the same problem I have had many times and eventually it does get lit and stays lit the entire rest of the weekend.

I took it in for service, they said the reason was air in the line and sawdust particles in the pilot area (from construction, as we all know they dont clean up well). They cleaned that compartment and showed me when I was there that it lit perfectly. However, they had JUST worked on it.

Any idea what could be causing this, since the service place says it was the dust and air and I still have the issue?

TH : 2016 Stealth WA2916
TV : 2012 Ford F-250 PSD
AMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 09:13 PM   #2
Unfortunately, you may not be having any problem, our fridge usually takes two cycles to light and stay lit after our unit sits for a period. You could check the line once it is pressurized for a leak.
Rich5117 is offline   Reply With Quote

fridge, propane