Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-27-2017, 10:47 PM   #1

Angry 2017 Forest River Forester 3051S problems

In addition to our AC not working in our new Motor Home, we are finding other problems. Bigfoot leveler having faults, and last but not least, the sidewall behind the passenger is laminating.

This being our first trip out, I deferred to the owners manuals to research the problems, only to discover the manuals are virtually useless. Not peific to my motor home at all.

Tonight I tried to have movie night on the outside TV. NO DICE, no idea how to make it work since there is no owners manual. Yes, there is a TV manual and there is a manual for the Jensen dvd/stereo. anyone have an interconnect diagram or any luck getting one from Forest River. This really sucks Folks at FR. I spend this much money and you can't spend a few bucks giving me the actual interconnection diagrams.

This is my second FR, the first being a toy hauler. Probably my last unless FR steps up and gets me documentation.
dougwollan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 11:34 PM   #2

What do you mean laminating I'm not familiar with that term.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 11:50 PM   #3

Camping World service techs said the sidewall was separated and caused the effect shown in the picture. They said it had delaminated. Forest river says the window needs to be removed, glue inserted between the delaminated sections and clamped. Camping world says it needs to be returned to the factory. Forest River says a warranty service center can do it.
Old 05-28-2017, 02:49 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougwollan View Post
Camping World service techs said the sidewall was separated and caused the effect shown in the picture.
What picture?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 05:39 AM   #5

No pics to see !

Ref TVs - does the TV work and not the DVD player ? No TV at all ? No power to TV ? Power, but no picture ?
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:56 AM   #6

The forester has 3 tv's. The bedroom one is self contained, built in dvd player. The main tv had a broken screen the first time we turned it on. No way to prove if it was like that from the factory. We replaced, and got the DVD and tv antenna working. The outside tv works with antenna, but no idea how to get a video to play. Not a built in DVD player. In the media .cabinet below the radio, there is tv outlet and hdmi outlet. Does the cable connect to the connector outside designated for cable tv. Appreciate your help. All the item not working, tv, A.C., leveler, propane regulator leaking, etc, have made the first trip pretty frustrating.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:57 AM   #7

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170525_114224.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	139282
Old 05-28-2017, 09:58 AM   #8

Sorry for duplicate pic. Wi-Fi very spotty.
Old 05-28-2017, 01:34 PM   #9

Delam

From the picture,, looks as if the window is too small or--- more lickly, holr cut too large.
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 01:54 PM   #10

WOW sorry to see such issues on your new 3051s! My 3050s has most of the same components as yours. I would take a look under the couch for the wire bundle between the outside tv and the radio/DVD/cdplayer. I found a couple of Jack's plugged into the wrong ones. Your Big Foot unit detailed guide is on their web site. It's only a few pages long & can be downloaded to a PC or mobile device for reference later or printed. They have the "reset" process in that guide as well as how to re-zero (level) the auto level if you need to. What is the AC unit doing or not doing? Is the thermostat set to AU & not LO or HI? Has to be in AU to cycle. If you can share more details the folks here may be able to help better....
Old 05-28-2017, 02:57 PM   #11

Quote:
In addition to our AC not working in our new Motor Home, we are finding other problems. Bigfoot leveler having faults, and last but not least, the sidewall behind the passenger is laminating.

This being our first trip out, I deferred to the owners manuals to research the problems, only to discover the manuals are virtually useless. Not peific to my motor home at all.

Tonight I tried to have movie night on the outside TV. NO DICE, no idea how to make it work since there is no owners manual. Yes, there is a TV manual and there is a manual for the Jensen dvd/stereo. anyone have an interconnect diagram or any luck getting one from Forest River. This really sucks Folks at FR. I spend this much money and you can't spend a few bucks giving me the actual interconnection diagrams.

This is my second FR, the first being a toy hauler. Probably my last unless FR steps up and gets me documentation.
good luck
oldwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 03:43 PM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

For what it's worth, all the units that I've had with the outside tv, have only worked off air antenna and were not connected to the DVD player. I have found ways around it though.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 04:09 PM   #13

I had delam like that at a window and one of the compartment doors. Took it back to the factory and they fixed it in a day.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:13 PM   #14

Quote:
From the looks of your picture of the area around the window, I would contact FR. They should fix that.
Stovebolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 04:40 PM   #15

They pull the window, clean all the caulk off, put an epoxy in the bubble and clamp it tight.Once its dry, caulk and reinstall the window.

Tags
305, forest river, forester