Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2017, 05:23 PM   #1

2018 Georgetown 36B5 inverter issue

Took our 2018 Georgetown 36B5 for our first trip. We had something plugged in that blew a 20A circuit breaker. Since that time, the inverter has not worked. Manual says GFCI - that is fine. Get error E01 meaning DC voltage is low but it is not. Shows fine on the My RV screen and DC Power works. Any thoughts? Inverter definitely does not supply 120V. Is there a hidden fuse or circuit breaker somewhere? Thanks
Geriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:26 PM   #2

Do not know what converter

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Do not know what converter
Hit button to soon, do not know which one they installed, but most if not all have a fuse inside.

Old 12-10-2017, 05:29 PM   #4

Should be inverter

Old 12-10-2017, 05:34 PM   #5

Inside Inverter? I see that in the installation instructions but can't seem to find it. Would I need to take a cover off? Thanks
Old 12-11-2017, 04:29 PM   #6

Inverter

On the face of the Inverter itself where all your powered outlets plug in there is a GFCI Breaker also. Mine pops every so often, might need to reset there.
USN-RET/DOD-RET
mlmay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:27 PM   #7

I have that same model. when I purchased it in June, the main TV wouldn't work as we were going over all the things on it with the salesman. come to find out it was the main inverter to provide 120. I left it there, they called and told me that they had one on order, I told him as long as it gets done right, I would still take it. They got one withon 3 days and replaced it, we have never had an issue with it so far. I'm wondering now, did they have a bad batch of inverters? Well, the one they replaced it with looks the same but is a different brand name so that's that. Wish I could tell you more.
Retired Electrician, Miller Brewery, 31 yrs.
Dalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:49 PM   #8

Thank you. Ours worked at first but something happened when the breaker trip. We will see ...
Old 12-11-2017, 11:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geriks View Post
Thank you. Ours worked at first but something happened when the breaker trip. We will see ...
The inverter may well have suffered infant mortality when a semiconductor in the output section shorted internally and then caused the breaker to trip. If electronics fail on their own it will usully be within the first few minutes or hours of operation.

The indication of low input voltage could be consistant with the operation of a protective circuit that activates in the event of a potentially dangerous overcurrent condition in the output section (technically it's called a "Crowbar Circuit"). If there is such a potentially dangerous condition it kills the input (12V) supply.

The problem could also be with electronics downstream of the inverter. Think television, satellite antenna, or any other 110V device that is connected to operate on battery when dry camping.

Therefore, after disconnecting the 110V output from the inverter confirm that 12V is present at the inverter input. Then check for a circuit breaker on the outside of the inverter case that you can reset then check for 110 at the inverter output. Failing that, plan on replacing the inverter.

It should be a warranty issue no question. Should you decide to open the case in search of a fuse you will most likely void the warranty. If it's not under warranty then go for it - there's nothing to lose.
xgarys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 08:45 PM   #10

Thanks for your thoughts! We were connected to Shore Power when it happened. Any ideas on why it would be impacted then?

Tags
georgetown, inverter