Old 04-10-2016, 09:34 AM   #1

26dbh flat screen mount question

So I'm wanting to hang my flat screen in my new 26dbh with the mount that came with the camper. I'm trying to hang my 32 inch TV and the mount that is provided for the TV isn't big enough to attach to the back of the TV. Has anyone had this issue and what did you do to remedy the situation besides getting a new TV that the bracket fits... thanks in advance!

Old 04-10-2016, 09:38 AM   #2

I just sold that model. First, I measured the distance in inches between the top of the shelve below the tv, to the bottom of the cabinet above. I think (?) that was 39" in my case, but unsure. Then I researched TV's not by advertised size, but by actual outside dimensions. Biggest I could get was a 39" Phillips LED TV.

Then I bit the bullet and removed that old mount for the little 22" TV (still have it), and installed a heavy duty articulating mount. That required drilling three holes in the 'wall' the TV sits on, and bolting it on. Then when traveling, for added measure, I put a towel around the TV and a ratchet strap all the way around that 'wall'. Worked fine.

But using those proprietary mounts that the tv slides into.............couldn't do it.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:44 AM   #3
Who Dares, Wins

I know someone else recently posted they mounted the v mount to the articulated mount so they could still put the TV outside or in the bed room if needed.. Might be an idea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:47 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
I know someone else recently posted they mounted the v mount to the articulated mount so they could still put the TV outside or in the bed room if needed.. Might be an idea.

That's what I'm looking at doing so we can take it down easily and move it outside if we wished. Probably what I'll end up doing...
Old 04-10-2016, 09:49 AM   #5
Who Dares, Wins

I was always afraid to leave the tv hanging.. Not sure how well that wall is put together, you know what I mean.

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 09:49 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
I just sold that model. First, I measured the distance in inches between the top of the shelve below the tv, to the bottom of the cabinet above. I think (?) that was 39" in my case, but unsure. Then I researched TV's not by advertised size, but by actual outside dimensions. Biggest I could get was a 39" Phillips LED TV.

Then I bit the bullet and removed that old mount for the little 22" TV (still have it), and installed a heavy duty articulating mount. That required drilling three holes in the 'wall' the TV sits on, and bolting it on. Then when traveling, for added measure, I put a towel around the TV and a ratchet strap all the way around that 'wall'. Worked fine.

But using those proprietary mounts that the tv slides into.............couldn't do it.
That's another option too. Just wanted to try to keep it mobile so we can hang it outside if we wished. I would just take the TV down during travel as I don't trust it staying put...
Old 04-10-2016, 11:01 AM   #7

I put the 403L Locking Cantilever TV Wall Mount 16.5"arm, Silver from amazon in the spot marked on the bedroom wall. Works great. Mounted a 32 inch vizio on it.
As for the little plastic mounts that came with the trailer. I stuck one on the back of a 40 inch vizio and slid it on the other half of the mount on the wall. It lifts right off and slides
on the mount on the outside of the trailer if needed outside. I did that once but don't really have a need for moving it outside.
If the plastic mount does not line up, four short wood type screws into the tv will work fine or a sheet of plastic such as plexiglass just big enough for the mounting holes on the tv to make the plastic plate a bit larger would work fine.
2014 Jeep SRT...did not trade
Simplewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 12:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_50 View Post
So I'm wanting to hang my flat screen in my new 26dbh with the mount that came with the camper. I'm trying to hang my 32 inch TV and the mount that is provided for the TV isn't big enough to attach to the back of the TV. Has anyone had this issue and what did you do to remedy the situation besides getting a new TV that the bracket fits... thanks in advance!

Seems the only Locking mounts are MorRyde or the one FR uses out here in SoCal, MaxQmetalproducts.com. they are more expensive. Monoprice.com is probably cheapest if you are willing to go the "strap it " to travel route. Before you toss the mount, think about a 12v TV. Nice to be off grid and I found a Samsung 24" 720p at Costco for $118 that has an external power supply at 14 volts so actually works fine with cigarette lighter type plug in cable. I gave up on a 32 inch as too big, too heavy and the 12v one cost an arm and a leg in 32".
Old 04-10-2016, 12:48 PM   #9

I take both televisions off the wall and lay them face down on the bed when I travel. It is a lot rougher ride in the trailer than in the truck on the road.
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 02:09 PM   #10
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Make an adaptor plate out of 1/2" plywood and use the one you've got

Tags
mount