Old 05-19-2014, 10:09 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre_Ray View Post
Thanks...

So, first thing, (for purpose of discussing potential voltage drop) at home I have a dedicated 30amp circuit that is probably 20-30 ft from panel to receptacle, with a 25ft 30amp extension, plus the camper's ~15ft cord - total of not more than 70 ft of extension.

Question, if the compressor is burnt, will it continue to run and sound "normal"?
Yes it will sound the same until the winding is burnt up. The compressor has a plus 10% or minus 10% so if you are running 120V you are safe until you drop to 108 volts. That's why progressive and TRC have a trip rate at 108 low side and 132 high side it would shut your unit off. Your 30 amp cord is #8 copper, so you would have to look up what it will carry at 70' Remember your compressor pulls 11 to 12.5 amps only plus add 1.5 amps for the fan motor at full load. I'll look up a wire chart and get back to you.

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 10:34 AM   #12

Attached you will find the size of wire for 70'. What size wire do they have running from the beaker to the unit? At home your 30 amp is fine with what I inputed in the cals/
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 8 copper.pdf (512.8 KB, 14 views)

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 05-19-2014, 10:59 AM   #13

You need to check the delta T, that is the temp. coming out of the vent and the temp. going into the return air. You might not hear the compressor running after it starts but no matter how loud your fan is you will still hear it on start-up.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 06-07-2014, 02:47 PM   #14

Just got the camper back yesterday, the AC unit was replaced (under warranty) for the second time. Dealer did all of the usual checks, temp measurements, etc.

Sabre_Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 05:13 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre_Ray View Post
Just got the camper back yesterday, the AC unit was replaced (under warranty) for the second time. Dealer did all of the usual checks, temp measurements, etc.
they are missing something if you are on the 2nd A/C already. Don't trust your dealer, I would get a list from either Coleman or dometic which ever unit you have. I would have them check it. No matter what they tell you there is a problem some where. But's that just IMO...
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
Old 07-24-2014, 09:44 PM   #16
Texas

I had to have my 6 month old Dometic replaced as well, my compressor would only run for a short time - so the delta T did not get any wider than 5 deg. The dealer checked it and found amp draw around 5.3 to 6.4 amps and only a 2 deg. delta T.. Well Dometic replaced the complete unit.. Now that new a/c is 8 months old - has a 25 deg. Delta T in High Cooling Mode - and doesn't cool any colder than 15 deg. cooler than outdoor temp.. Might have air flow issue... Back to dealer to check it - maybe just need to go ahead and add that 2nd unit to the MB - BTW we have the Crusader 295RST..