Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2015, 03:56 PM   #1

8940 III ACLC blower wall

just givin peeps a heads up. i installed this 1.5 years ago. look how the blower is mounted. no flats behind these #10 mounting studs. just star washers and nuts. heavy 110v motor pulls out of wall. mod yours before she fails and your trying to collect from atwood.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	234.6 KB
ID:	75830
Crockett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 04:30 PM   #2

update on this:

Atwood states that there are no mods to this. The parts they will supply will be the same. Now, how is that supposed to hold up? At least one part vendor says Atwood was replacing the furnace with a later model. But, Atwood claims not so. Anyone with AC powered 8900's better check your mounts.
Old 05-15-2015, 11:43 AM   #3

Update: well there are mods to the design. the blower wall metal is noticeably thicker. Industry reps take note. you will have issues with the thin wall design.
Old 05-16-2015, 10:56 PM   #4

update:

After having informed Jeff Hood at Atwood of only needing a blower wall for the warranty repair he promptly sent me all parts involved so I would have duplicates. One of the parts, a sail switch, was used and defective. I would like to take the time to thank Jeff and Team Atwood at this time for the exemplary service.