Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2015, 09:20 AM   #1

A/C dripping water on bed- occasionally

I have two a/c the one in the bedroom, sweats water on bed occasionally, is there a clean out or something to do to fix. Or do I just run it to cold for humidity in the south?
crousr01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:23 AM   #2

Maybe Roof Seal Gasket? Youroo!!
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:31 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Could be that it's icing up as the anti-icing sensing is not located properly or not functioning and cycling the compressor on/off.

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:52 AM   #4

Do your AC's have drain lines that go from the AC to the side of the camper? If so, you should look under the camper to see where that drain line is and blow it out with compressed air. They have a tendency to clog up.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 09:57 AM   #5

I would sometimes get the slow drip in the bedroom when in high humidity locals (Florida, Louisiana) and other such gulf coast campgrounds. Never had an otherwise issue with the air conditioners over more than 15 years in operation. This, of course does not rule out other possibilities but in dryer locations there was no drip.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:35 AM   #6

On my FR3 the manual for the a/c says that you have to run the fan on high in high humidity or it will form condensation and drip.
CARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:39 AM   #7

a/c dripping

Quote:
Originally Posted by crousr01 View Post
I have two a/c the one in the bedroom, sweats water on bed occasionally, is there a clean out or something to do to fix. Or do I just run it to cold for humidity in the south?
Have had this happen.....our solution was clean out the a/c drain on the roof. Don't need to take anything apart....just take the hose up and spray around where the water come out of the a/c.
steven1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 12:55 PM   #8

If you have fresh air intake ducks, check the filters, we have pets and fur plugged up the filters. In this case it was drawing air from outside. Which brought water in and dripped on my DW. She wasn't happy. Cleaned filters and resolved issue. I have replaced the material from a regular home filter. Glass style. You have enough material to do 4 filters. And it's cheap . Less than two dollars. Good luck. 😊
jimmyt11664 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 10:15 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARMAN View Post
On my FR3 the manual for the a/c says that you have to run the fan on high in high humidity or it will form condensation and drip.
So does this mean high and not on auto, which is normally on high? On high mode the fan stays on all the time and the compressor cycles thru. this would make sense to me. Mine leaks and fills up gthe outer frame of the inside shroud and then dumps a 1/2 cup or so of water on my bed. Steve
sdagro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:54 AM   #10

Had similar problem. I thought it was condensation but it turned out to be the roof gasket.

If the gasket is good, check your filter and condenser fins, they may be dirty.
safrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 10:28 PM   #11

Mine has been on cool with the fan on high since 9am this morning and "so-far-so-good". I guess DW will just have to put up with the loud fan blowing all night or wake up with wet feet.
Old 07-18-2015, 10:12 PM   #12

On my previous TT with ducted air I had problems with condensation forming on the ceiling at the spots where the ducted air ducts were when I was in a high humidity area. There was no method to change the fan speed except to take the air box off and change two wires. I just had to keep wiping the ceiling off during high humidity days. Here in S. Ga. there are plenty of those.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 10:35 PM   #13

WELL! After several hours the a/c wet the bed again. After talking to a retired RV tech , this is what we determined. We could not find where the water was dripping from. Then my buddy says,"that's because it is not dripping from anywhere." He told me to get some thin foam and make it into a gasket which I did(crazy foam from Michael's). It is working so for. He told me when the cold air coming out of A/C hits the plastic frame on the inside ceiling it forms condensation. Make sense to me! Steve

Tags
bed, water