What a piece of garbage thermostat! I just brought my Crusader home, plugged it in, and the thermostat immediately went to this error code (E1). After trying these things, to no avail, I went online and found to remove all power for 20 minutes (120 and 12v). Then do the initialize.
It worked that time. So, I finally got it to work.
This thermostat needs a serious redesign, with all of the problems people have with it. I also don't see any alternatives to swap it out for a more reliable unit.
Ben and Doreen
Home Away From Home - 2017 PT Crusader 315RST
TV - 2008 F250 Lariat 4X4 6.4 Diesel
42 nights camping in 2015
49 nights so far in 2016 (Still Not Enough!)