Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2011, 06:09 PM   #1

A/C error code E1

i have a puma unleashed 5th wheel toyhauler and we had a lighting storm come through last night and now i have an error code E1 on the thermostat. the thermostat is a dometic single zone LCD.

is there a way i can reset it or will i need to take it and have it serviced.
the A/C unit was not on last night but the camper was pluged up to a reg. wall outlet (110). the power flashed on and off a few times in the storm.
bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 07:11 PM   #2

You could try re-setting all the converter circuit breakers by turning them all off and then back on one at a time. Sometimes a full reset (cold start) will get things back to normal.

...VTX-AL
VTX Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 08:31 PM   #3

i have unpluged the camper and also turned off all the breakers and checked all the fuses.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:20 PM   #4

called the dealer and no one to pick up the phone. said leave message and they will call me back. 3hr later they still not called. so i called dometic and asked them and they say take it in for service. so i asked the guy where the control module was( under the main vent inside) and i unhooked all the wires from it and the power to the camper and then pluged it all back up and it works.

now to get the thermostat from celsius to back to fahreheit. anyone know how to do that?
Old 07-14-2011, 11:49 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bush View Post
called the dealer and no one to pick up the phone. said leave message and they will call me back. 3hr later they still not called. so i called dometic and asked them and they say take it in for service. so i asked the guy where the control module was( under the main vent inside) and i unhooked all the wires from it and the power to the camper and then pluged it all back up and it works.

now to get the thermostat from celsius to back to fahreheit. anyone know how to do that?
You might want to try pushing both up and down temp select buttons in at the same time and hold them for a few seconds this may change it back to fahreheit.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 11:57 AM   #6

I had a simalar instance on my thermo. I held the button down to switch from fan to ac. After about 10 seconds, it reset and has worked good from then. This happened on the 4th of July. My error code was E2. Hope that works for you.
Jester

2012 Super Crew 4WD 6.7 PSD
2015 Cardinal 3800 FL
2007 Road King Black Cherry-Hers
2007 Road King Blue-Mine
1979 FXS Hot Rod Shovelhead
Jestercyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:05 AM   #7

For anyone else having this problem, I have a 2011 Puma pull behind with a Domestic brand thermostat and after a nearby lightening strike I found that my Air Conditioner and Furnace would not turn on. Since there is no direct connection to those units I went to the thermostat that was flashing E-1. I shut down the all the circuit breakers as per the advice on this forum, with the unit and still had the E-1 flashing only dimmer so I went one step further and disconnected all power, even the 12v battery. Then I reconnected the battery and AC and did the put the circuit breakers on line one at a time. Did the trick and the thermostat reset. Apparently all the power has to be cut off to do a cold restart.
jakesnake52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:52 AM   #8

Great advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake52 View Post
For anyone else having this problem, I have a 2011 Puma pull behind with a Domestic brand thermostat and after a nearby lightening strike I found that my Air Conditioner and Furnace would not turn on. Since there is no direct connection to those units I went to the thermostat that was flashing E-1. I shut down the all the circuit breakers as per the advice on this forum, with the unit and still had the E-1 flashing only dimmer so I went one step further and disconnected all power, even the 12v battery. Then I reconnected the battery and AC and did the put the circuit breakers on line one at a time. Did the trick and the thermostat reset. Apparently all the power has to be cut off to do a cold restart.
Thank you so much, I was able to reset mine by turning ALL power off!
john777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 03:12 PM   #9

What a piece of garbage thermostat! I just brought my Crusader home, plugged it in, and the thermostat immediately went to this error code (E1). After trying these things, to no avail, I went online and found to remove all power for 20 minutes (120 and 12v). Then do the initialize.

It worked that time. So, I finally got it to work.

This thermostat needs a serious redesign, with all of the problems people have with it. I also don't see any alternatives to swap it out for a more reliable unit.
Never Enough Time Camping!!
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 04:40 PM   #10
Site Team

The only way to change the thermostat to a different style unit is to replace the control box in the A/C.

They've pretty much locked you to using their thermostat unless you want to change the box and run new thermostat wire between the A/C and thermostat.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:47 AM   #11

Great....Garbage part, which would take hundreds of dollars to replace.

Thankfully, this has been the only downside to our new Crusader.
Never Enough Time Camping!!
ben31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 12:57 PM   #12
Site Team

It would be nice if we knew the protocol used for the communication used in the thermostat. It could be something common, but of course, Dometic isn't going to tell us that.