Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2017, 07:58 PM   #1

A/C Error E1 after a major rain and wind storm

We arrived at a new campground this afternoon and shortly afterward a big storm hit. We had high winds and a lot of rain. I believe our rear A/C had a significant amount of rain water blown into the vent by the high winds. The bed directly under the A/C unit was quite wet. Now we are getting the E1 error. I have tried to reset the thermostat and have reset the breaker (it was not tripped but I reset it anyway. After resetting the breaker I tried to reset the thermostat again but I'm still getting the error message. Any thoughts?

Thanks
JuleyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 10:42 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

A/C Error E1 after a major rain and wind storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuleyT View Post
We arrived at a new campground this afternoon and shortly afterward a big storm hit. We had high winds and a lot of rain. I believe our rear A/C had a significant amount of rain water blown into the vent by the high winds. The bed directly under the A/C unit was quite wet. Now we are getting the E1 error. I have tried to reset the thermostat and have reset the breaker (it was not tripped but I reset it anyway. After resetting the breaker I tried to reset the thermostat again but I'm still getting the error message. Any thoughts?

Thanks

What method to reset?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 09:06 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
What method to reset?
Hold the + button and the bottom button for three seconds. A new wrinkle now though. This morning I tried to reset again and the unit started working normally but now the error message is back and the unit won't shut off.
Thanks
Old 02-08-2017, 10:40 AM   #4
Site Team

Assuming that you have the Dometic A/C and new digital thermostat, the E1 error is a communication error between the thermostat and the control box.

Since you got lots of wind and rain, I'd suspect that water got in the control box and is shorting out the comm wiring. You could pull the cover off the control box and see if it's wet in there.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:24 PM   #5

User Manual for Dometic AC Unit - Where to find

I've tried to find a user manual for the AC unit. We didn't get one with our paperwork. I'm adding a photo of the only part of the tag I can see.

Also is the control box the silver one I see from inside the motorhome when the cover has been removed?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170208_122109.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	325.1 KB
ID:	129452  
Old 02-09-2017, 11:53 AM   #6
Site Team

Yeah, the one you see when you remove the return grill and filter.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:05 PM   #7

Thanks! I checked the control box and it is dry inside. Over the past two days the unit is working sporadically but is getting better. I assuming it is drying out and hopefully it will be OK. We are headed to the factory for repairs in April so we'll have it checked out then.
Juley