Old 01-30-2016, 06:47 PM   #21

R u sure it's the batteries? You may want to read my post "batteries draining"

1993 Jeep Wrangler YJ IL6 4.0 lifted (love it)

Happy Trails All!!
roaddiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2016, 07:06 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhatfield6 View Post
Skyline, are you saying that the wiring from the battery to the converter needed to be 4/0 awg?
He may have meant to say 4 ga as I think 4/0 (or is it 0/4) is like the size of awater pipe

My inverter can pull 200 amps at 12 v and I have fine performance on 2 ga from interter to battery with a run of only about 3 feet

Old 01-30-2016, 07:19 PM   #23

Your right full battery will be 12.7 volts but if you check with the charger on, and the
battery is completely full charge, you will have 14.6 volts.
Still check all the ground on the system.
The factory never removed the paint before they install the motor or the ground wires to the frame.
Old 01-30-2016, 10:22 PM   #24

Almost right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonol View Post
Your right full battery will be 12.7 volts but if you check with the charger on, and the
battery is completely full charge, you will have 14.6 volts.
Still check all the ground on the system.
The factory never removed the paint before they install the motor or the ground wires to the frame.
If you are reading anything greater than 12.6 to 12.7 volts across the battery terminals then you are not reading battery voltage ----you are reading charger output voltage which should be 14.6 or 14.7.

Unhook the negative terminal and read across the battery terminals, as mentioned above resting battery voltage should be 12.6. More accurate is a specific gravity test.

I would tend to believe you have system voltage drop due to high resistance somewhere in your leveling system wiring, ground points are usually the typical culprit but not always. All terminals should be clean and tightly clamped. You should not be able to wiggle any wire termination.

If all this has been checked then your battery does not have the capacity to deliver the amount of current required by the leveling system. Do you know the dc current required to make the leveling system function properly? Is it within manufacturers specifications? If so then the likely problem is a defective battery - or - the battery is not sized properly to deliver the dc current required by the leveling system.

Good luck.
Old 01-30-2016, 10:57 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick M View Post
If you are reading anything greater than 12.6 to 12.7 volts across the battery terminals then you are not reading battery voltage ----you are reading charger output voltage which should be 14.6 or 14.7.

Unhook the negative terminal and read across the battery terminals, as mentioned above resting battery voltage should be 12.6. More accurate is a specific gravity test.
X2...but you must wait 24 hours after unhooking to get a real voltage. The hydrometer reading may be taken immediately. Another way is to get a $20 load tester at Harbor Freight to take the surface charge off and then read voltage.
2014 Vespa LX150 2014 StellaAuto 125
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 09:07 AM   #26

I am assuming that the level system does not work.
Mine will work with shore power on a battery with a dead cell. Check the connections. Some of mine were incorrectly crimped from the factory. Maybe it's time to look at the controller

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 01-31-2016, 09:27 AM   #27
Site Team

I would take a hard look at the connections throughout the system. All it takes is one loose or corroded connection and it could cause the problem you are seeing.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, bent