Old 10-10-2015, 05:39 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Any A/C repair person can add ports in both the suction and highside. They really do not have to replace the whole unit to recharge it, A/C people have self tapping ports which will leak again so the solder in valves are better. Why pay 650.00 for a unit and installation when you can call and have a person repair it for probably under 200.00.
If it is under warranty, adding ports invalidates the warranty.

Old 10-10-2015, 07:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallsmi View Post
If it is under warranty, adding ports invalidates the warranty.
Yes I understand, that was meant for people out of warranty. Should have made that clearer in my post...Thanks...

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 09:13 PM   #13

X2,#10
Old 10-10-2015, 10:01 PM   #14

We had a similar issue. There is a divider between the intake and the air outlet in ceiling mounted units. Ours had shifted resulted in cold air being sucked with the warm air. It worked at night, lower load, but during the day it was poor. We pushed it back to where it goes and sealed the cracks with some metal duck tape. It then worked like it should.

you need to measure the inlet and the outlet temps, there should be a 20 deg min difference. Also in humid areas, you can loose a bunch of cooling as you suck the water from the air.
Old 10-11-2015, 06:56 AM   #15

Send a message via MSN to PHILIPHD Send a message via Skype™ to PHILIPHD
I had the port added to my front AC unit while on a trip this summer. When I got home I took it in for service and was told I had voided the warranty on unit. I contacted Domestic and explained why it was necessary to add port and they reinstated my warranty. That unit is still working. However while at the RV dealer the rear AC unit stopped working and they removed it and replaced it with a new unit.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:58 PM   #16

There are several other forums about the Dometic Brisk Air II models...they are GARBAGE! going to have mine replaced tomorrow.
BDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 04:08 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHILIPHD View Post
I had the port added to my front AC unit while on a trip this summer. When I got home I took it in for service and was told I had voided the warranty on unit. I contacted Domestic and explained why it was necessary to add port and they reinstated my warranty. That unit is still working. However while at the RV dealer the rear AC unit stopped working and they removed it and replaced it with a new unit.
I'm glad it worked out for you, I don't know why they refuse to ports in at the factory, It kinda of makes it a throw away unit without them and that may be reason $$$$ for them after warranty 2 years is over. Only other A/C that will not come with them are window units, but they are a lot cheaper to replace then a RV roof top unit. Even cars and trucks come with them installed....
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2016, 08:19 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I'm glad it worked out for you, I don't know why they refuse to ports in at the factory, It kinda of makes it a throw away unit without them and that may be reason $$$$ for them after warranty 2 years is over. Only other A/C that will not come with them are window units, but they are a lot cheaper to replace then a RV roof top unit. Even cars and trucks come with them installed....
I'm pretty sure you're spot on. They didn't want to over engineer the product. It's much more profitable to sell replacement units.

I didn't know recharge fittings could be installed in these units. This is the first I hear of this. It makes sense though. Last September while RV'ing I noticed both AC units were not cooling as well as they had in the past, primarily the unit in the bedroom. The compressor would kick on periodically with the thermostat being set at the coldest setting.

I definitely want to try to find an AC outfit that is willing to install the fittings and charge the system to the proper level before I have to replace both units. A mobile repair guy quoted me 1K installed per unit. OUCH!
Old 01-31-2016, 09:14 AM   #19

Send a message via MSN to PHILIPHD Send a message via Skype™ to PHILIPHD
Recharge Fittings

Any AC repairman or installer will have these fittings in his box. It is a simple job to install. Having worked in the AC field most of my life I agree with you that they should be installed on all units when built. Over a period of time most Ac units will require a slight charge.

The roof top units on most RV's can be replaced in a little over 1 hour when exchanging like units and $1000.00 is high. Find another shop to do business with. Independent AC repair shops will do the job for less money than the RV dealers.
Old 01-31-2016, 09:42 AM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

AC blowing hot air

Simple job

Working on putting my second a/c on.
This is the second time I've installed my own a/c, the hardest part is getting on the roof unless you have help.
Ppl motor homes regularly have high profile 13.5k units on sale for $450

2015 Columbus 320RS
2008 2500HD Duramax
2015 nights camped "34"