Old 09-08-2015, 12:34 PM   #1
AC conked out

How to go about replacing AC unit in my travel trailer?

Louisiana Irishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 12:59 PM   #2
Head Rambler
A little more information would be helpful. Such as which RV you have and which brand A/C you have.

If it's a standard roof mount RV A/C, they're pretty easy to replace. You take the grill off the inside and there are power and thermostat wires (if it's a t-stat operated unit). There are also 4 bolts that hold it to the roof. One you unhook the wires and remove the bolts it pretty much just lifts off the roof and the new one will sit right in it's place.

Salem 29RKSS Pushing a 2500 Mega-Cab CTD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:11 PM   #3
More info is certainly needed here. For one: Would this happen to be a 2014 or 2015 unit with a Dometic A/C on it? IF so--there has been a problem with a lot of Dometic units going bad way too soon. I had one of these. IF it is an older unit and has the roof mounted A/C, as most of them do, "Bama" is correct in that replacing the unit is not that bad at all. With someone to help to get the new unit on the roof and to lower the old unit off of the roof it should be a 3-5 hour job for those without experience at this. I had to replace the A/C unit on my old TT and it came with good instructions. First thing to do: Make sure that you have disconnected the TT from it's electrical source.
Thurman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:20 PM   #4
Probably a bunch of youtube videos available. Those produced by manufacturers would be best.
2015 T12RBST Flagstaff Hardside
2008 Itasca Meridian 37H
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote