Old 02-10-2017, 12:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikerjohn7 View Post
Your condition sounds like it might be due to a too-tight temperature range setting in the thermostat.

However, I would like to mention that both the Dometic ACs in my Georgetown experience frequent fan cycling. In other words, the fan turns off for a few seconds and then turns back on. I don't think the compressors do this because I think I can hear them continue to run. Also, you would think they would bind up without a time delay to all the Freon pressure to bleed down. This only occurs at certain times like when I first turn on the ACs to get the cabin cooled down. I can not imagine why the fans do this but it has been this way since the rig was new. I try to just ignore it even though it concerns me.
Exactly like what happens to mine. Also been doing it since new (2013).

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
BuckeyeChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 01:33 PM   #12

Fan Cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarCreekWoody View Post
Mine does similar starts and stop and it concerns me too! I suspect the thermostat but haven't confirmed it.
Considering the thermostat controls the AC's components, that makes sense. As long as the compressor is not cycling, it should not be doing any damage but it's still not acceptable. And a vent blowing on the thermostat should not be the cause for the fan to shut off since the compressor stops first when the set temp is reached.

I got a feeling this fan behavior is common on the Dometic ACs but I am surprised that more is not posted it on it. I wonder if Forest River or Dometic ever read these posts.

hikerjohn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 02:28 PM   #13

It is hard to tell on mine, but when the fan shuts down, it is switching from high speed to low and and back. On mine when the temp gets close to the set point the fan will switch to low. If to cools enough it will turn off, but usually it will kick back to high as the sun keeps warming the trailer. We will see the switching in the early morning and evening as the sun will keep things hot during the day and it will run full bore.
Dwilcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 08:32 PM   #14

AC kicks off and on

New dometic single zone thermostat, set in auto and a 2 degree + temperature, the fan will shut down and change to high to compensate and return to low. The compressor will continue to run while the fan shuts down for a few seconds. I just switch to high fan until the a/c can keep the temperature close to thermostat setting.
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:30 AM   #15

Thanks for the Replies. I'm now convinced that the fan cycling is caused by the thermostat.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
Old 02-13-2017, 07:53 AM   #16

The fan will pause when automatically switching from high to low and vice versa
Old 02-13-2017, 07:55 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeChuck View Post
Thanks for the Replies. I'm now convinced that the fan cycling is caused by the thermostat.
I agree with you, it is the thermostat. Are you replacing yours. If so please let us know how it goes. I just re-initialize mine but won't really know if that worked until hot weather arrives.
CedarCreekWoody is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 08:29 AM   #18

I have an identical thermostat in the bedroom that is not in use. I may switch them but I'll probably just live with it as is. I can always switch the fan from AU to either HI or LO and then it won't cycle on and off.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS
Old 02-13-2017, 08:56 AM   #19

Well then let us know how that works out. Considering the times mine has malfunctioned I'm not convinced that is my problem. I would like to know how this works out for you.
I think I see a replacement thermostat in my future...
CedarCreekWoody is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 06:53 AM   #20

I'll probably continue to live with problem but if I decide to swap them out I'll post the results.

2012 F250 Super Duty
2013 Sabre 33CKTS