Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2017, 04:08 PM   #1

AC question!!! Newbie!!!! Help!!!

I have had my new TT for 2 weeks. Forest River Grey Wolf 26ckse. I noticed when I woke up yesterday and today it was hot in the trailer. I have my AC set on 68....I went to thermostat turned AC off and back on. Now it's cooling. It has a digital thermostat. What could be causing this?????
Johnsondoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 04:47 PM   #2

Now the AC fan will kick off for like 3 secs sounds like something is humming and fan will come back on!! What's going on!?!?!?
Old 06-12-2017, 05:27 PM   #3

AC question!!! Newbie!!!! Help!!!

Your fan speed is set to "Auto", or AU on the thermostat display. The AC will switch off the fan when it changes speeds (low to high, high to low), but will keep the compressor running. The humming is the AC compressor running while it changes speeds.

2017 Cherokee 294BH
2015 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4L V8 Crew Cab
Moparman1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:30 PM   #4

When it's really hot out, I leave my fan set to"hi" and let the AC cycle the compressor when the temperature dictates. The fan will continuously run.

2017 Cherokee 294BH
2015 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4L V8 Crew Cab
Moparman1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:59 PM   #5
Casey & Carolyn

If your thermostat looks like this try the following procedure

System Initialization
A system initialization will need to be performed by the installer after the system is installed.
• Make sure the Single Zone LCD thermostat is in the Off condi- tion. See page 4, “Quick Reference To Control Buttons”.
• Press the “+” button and, while holding it, also press and hold the On/Off Mode button for three seconds. LCD will show ― ― . Press the On/Off Mode button again to turn system off.
This completes the initialization.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1760.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	447.7 KB
ID:	141150  
Casey r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 06:50 PM   #6

Thanks for the comments. I need all the help I can get as I'm not familiar at all with TT's. I will try the initialization as soon as I get back to the trailer.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:01 PM   #7
Casey & Carolyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsondoie View Post
Thanks for the comments. I need all the help I can get as I'm not familiar at all with TT's. I will try the initialization as soon as I get back to the trailer.
Please let us know if that cures your issues.
Old 06-12-2017, 07:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey r View Post
If your thermostat looks like this try the following procedure

System Initialization

A system initialization will need to be performed by the installer after the system is installed.

• Make sure the Single Zone LCD thermostat is in the Off condi- tion. See page 4, “Quick Reference To Control Buttons”.

• Press the “+” button and, while holding it, also press and hold the On/Off Mode button for three seconds. LCD will show ― ― . Press the On/Off Mode button again to turn system off.

This completes the initialization.

Does this need to be done anytime power is cut to the trailer, .ie. Battery disconnect?

2013 Wildwood 26TBSS
SDShocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 09:29 PM   #9
Casey & Carolyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDShocker View Post
Does this need to be done anytime power is cut to the trailer, .ie. Battery disconnect?

I would think so. The thermostat does not know if it is a new install or just getting powered up. I might be wrong maybe when the thermostat is initialized it sends an identifier the the circuit board. ??? I have used this procedure a couple times in my 5er. One time to get rid of numerous clicks when the furnace comes on. Another time to see if I could get the darn thing to quit occasionally picking a random temp to change to. Didn't fix that I still have that issue I'm dealing with Prime Time on. On my unit the thermostat stays powered when the battery master switch is turn off.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:23 AM   #10

Just did the process as u described....seems to be working correctly now....I'll give an update on it after I wake up. Thanks.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:14 PM   #11

Seems to have worked. No problems at all now!!
Old 06-13-2017, 05:57 PM   #12
Casey & Carolyn

Quote:
Seems to have worked. No problems at all now!!

That's awesome. Glad I could help.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:57 PM   #13

I woke up hot....the AC was set on 70 I bumped it down to 68 wouldn't come on...I did the initialization like u said before and it came right on. The thermos was reading 79 in the trailer....what do I do from here ???
Old 06-14-2017, 05:19 PM   #14

FYI, the thermostat is powered by the 12 volt electrical system of your RV. Make sure that system has a good stable voltage between 12 and 14 volts. Check with a digital voltmeter at the battery terminals.

Disclaimer: The actual value of my "Two Cents" of advice varies just like a bitcoin.
Bluepill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 06:17 PM   #15
Casey & Carolyn

Quote:
I woke up hot....the AC was set on 70 I bumped it down to 68 wouldn't come on...I did the initialization like u said before and it came right on. The thermos was reading 79 in the trailer....what do I do from here ???

Not sure. As stated in my earlier post it took care of the numerous clicks that where happening when my furnace would cycle on but in still having an issue Im working with Prime Time on in where my thermostat controls the temp for hours then picks a random temp to set its self on. Talked with Dometic today and they said the same thing Bluepill said. Check DC voltage at the thermostat then call them back.

Tags