Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2008, 09:05 AM   #1

AC Vibrating TT

We have a new Salem LA 312QBBS. We tried the AC this past weekend and found that it vibrates the whole front end of the TT. Didn't notice it in the back of the TT. Does anyone have any suggestions? It is a ducted system.
sheila405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:38 AM   #2

There are 4 mounting bolts that hold the A/C system in place and there is a seal between the bottom of the A/C unit and the roof. You will have to get on the roof remove the cover to the A/C unit and you will see them, check to see if they are tight and inspect that area. The other thing is that when an A/C system is shipped the bolts on the compressor are tighten down so it dosen't move, after it is installed the bolts are too be loosen prior to operation. The compressor is mounted on Isolation springs or rubber mounts the reason for this is when the compressor is running the vibration that is created from it is Isolated from the roof and duct work. What brand A/C system do you have? Different manufactures use different types of compressors.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:49 AM   #3

I will have to run out to the TT in the backyard and look what type it is. I will post an answer soon. Thanks for the help so far. I will pass the info on to the DH.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:10 AM   #4

It is hard to trouble shoot A/C problems with out being there in alot of cases, there are many variables that people don't understand, the cause and effect of other componets. 85% of the problems found that effect the A/C system is the Electrical side of it's operations, the other 15% is either mechanical side ( moving parts ) and then the refrigerant circuit. The other problem may be with the blower motor and blower wheel... Lets wait and see what you found first.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:02 PM   #5

Send a message via MSN to welshman599
Regardless of source of the problem Sheila, it shouldn't be vibrating so noticeably. Your dealer should take a look at it before some damage occurs.

83 sweet sweet days camped in 2008 - not easy in my neck of the woods!
welshman599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 08:28 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshman599 View Post
Regardless of source of the problem Sheila, it shouldn't be vibrating so noticeably. Your dealer should take a look at it before some damage occurs.
Just a suggestion to look for the obvious. The first thing I learned in the mechanical field is to Look, Watch and Listen.
Old 05-10-2008, 08:33 AM   #7

The ac is a dometic.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:00 AM   #8

Quote:
I am hoping it is something simple the DH can fix, such as loose bolts. The TT has allready been back to the dealer after the first trip out for some minor repairs. We have many trips planned and payed for, so if he can fix something simple and we don't need to return it, that would be best. But of course if it is something that we can't fix or figure out, it will go back.
Old 05-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #9

I look at it as a learning curve while under warranty, it dosen't hurt to look and let the service dept know what you found, it can make for a quick repair if the mechanic can go right to the problem. One day the warranty will be gone and this somthing you will be doing to save money if it is a repair you can do on your own. As we all know, service work is not cheap!
Old 06-06-2008, 06:32 PM   #10

Check your a/c fan blades for dirt dauber nests. We have to clean them off every year during the spring/summer months. Yucky job but it has to be done. I wish there was an a/c cover with some sort of screening to avoid this.
MSFunnyFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 09:14 AM   #11

Vibration an easy fix thanks to the forums!

Thank you all for all the helpful knowledge obtained in the forums. This has become my go to for solutions to problems or simply answers to questions that I have.
I had a noisy vibration and upon inspection I had a mud dauber nest on the front side of my cooling fan blade totally out of sight. washed it away and problem solved!
I HIGHLY recommend to all downloading the mobile app so it's always at your fingertips even when your off camping!!
chipmy is offline   Reply With Quote