Old 05-21-2014, 11:13 PM   #31
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
Are ya sure yours is on the way? I just got an email that mine's on backorder until June 10th. ppppfffffftttttt

Oh well, we still have satellite.

Good grief Charlie spite of the email informing me my antenna was backordered to June 10th, it...correction... THEY arrived today.

CW duplicated my order. So I have TWO of the Jack King antennas.

I may have a buy locally for the 2nd one, but if not I may just offer it for sale here for less than I paid for it, just to keep from having to take it over to FedEx (MILES away) to ship it back. I can ship it USPS and it's only 10 minutes away.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 07:06 AM   #32
Weezer, i got my wingman last week on Thr. Put it up same day in the evening. Made a difference. My channels are not weather dependant now. Same day i found out i have a cable on site, so i took out my drill and installed one of those "park cable" connections.

Kuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 12:05 PM   #33
Originally Posted by Freds342 View Post
IF one lives in an area where the preponderance of stations are broadcast on UHF Channels, the Jack will work fairly well. The Jack is totally inferior to the "REAL" Winegard with the Wingman. It's simple physics.

You need more antenna to receive the VHF channels than the Jack can handle.

I'm very happy for the people who get more channels than they did before, but did they really troubleshoot, or did they 'Easter Egg" the problem, and replace a perfectly good antenna due to a bad, or loose, connection?

I spent 30 years of my life trying to make small, stealthy, antennae with gain.

It doesn't happen without major losses in signal that cannot be made up for with amplifiers. You can't take a poor signal and make it better with an amplifier that also adds noise to the signal.

I'm signing out of this discussion with disgust.

But: Forest River is right if they stay with the crank-up vs. the omni radome. The Jack is fine if you live in an all UHF area.

I don't!

But I had many successes in my career, including many of the systems used on satellites, stealth aircraft, and military drones.
Fred I did not Easter Egg Hunt. I had sensar ant, with other trailers. I always got pour reception. When Winegard came out with the wingman attachment it really helped same concept I'm also a lic. Ham operator. I understand antennas. I could not use a wingman because it hung over the side of my unit. So I went with Jack and was very surprised at the reception that it will pull in. To me it is much better quality of reception without lost signals or weak signals showing all the time. What works for some will not work for everyone...

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote