Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2014, 09:38 AM   #1

Advent Refridgerator Not Cooling

My fiancé and I purchased and brand new 2014 Forest River Cherokee 294BH 2 weeks ago and we love it! The one issue we have is the fridge in the outdoor kitchen (Advent REF33BL) is not getting cold. It has been on for entire weekends and it does not get cold. I believe that it is electric only which is fine as the camper is plugged in all day at the campground. Is there a switch on that unit of in the camper we need to press or is there anything else we can check. We don't use it now because we cant, but we want to. Please help as Dealer is useless. Thanks.

Rob
rwmission is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:01 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmission View Post
My fiancé and I purchased and brand new 2014 Forest River Cherokee 294BH 2 weeks ago and we love it! The one issue we have is the fridge in the outdoor kitchen (Advent REF33BL) is not getting cold. It has been on for entire weekends and it does not get cold. I believe that it is electric only which is fine as the camper is plugged in all day at the campground. Is there a switch on that unit of in the camper we need to press or is there anything else we can check. We don't use it now because we cant, but we want to. Please help as Dealer is useless. Thanks.

Rob
It's probably on a GFCI circuit. Make sure it isn't tripped.

Of course, it is turned on/up/colder at the refer control switch (inside the refer).

Last thought is a circuit breaker. Check for power at the receptacle.

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:01 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Is it plugged in?
Is there power to the plug in?
Did you turn the temp setting dial?
Is there a convenience light that comes on when you open the door?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:05 AM   #4

Thank you Bill. We can hear it running so I do not think that the circuit is tripped otherwise it would not be running correct? We have the temp dial set to 8 and that is what Advent says is the coldest setting. I will check the circuit breaker this weekend when we are with it, but I mean it is a brand new $40K camper, should I be having all this issues with a 2 week old camper? How would I check the power at the receptacle and what should the power read? Please let me know and thank you again.

Rob
Old 06-24-2014, 10:09 AM   #5

f1100turbo, it is plugged in because we can hear it running if we put our ear up to the unit. It is plugged into the outdoor kitchen. We have the camper plugged in at the campground and everything else in the camper works on that supplied electrical power and since I can hear the fridge I would assume there is power to that outlet. We have the dial set to the coldest of 8 as Advent tells me that is the coldest. I do not think there is a light that comes on when we open the door. I can however check this weekend. What would that tell me? THank you for all your help as well.

Rob
Old 06-24-2014, 10:09 AM   #6

Just unplug refer, plug in power to camper and use a multi-meter/voltmeter look for about 120 V. But if the light in the refer comes on then you have power and the issue is somewhere else.

Sounds like a warranty claim is in order.

Bill

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
bend302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:10 AM   #7

Ok Bill thank you I will do that this weekend.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:10 AM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

It's under warranty take it back and have a new one installed.

BTW you must be new to a new rv?
Hopefully you'll take this with a grain of salt but you'll likely have little issues pop up occasionally and it doesn't matter if it's a $10, 000 new camper or a $100,000 new camper they "all" have issues.
Some minor some major.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:16 AM   #9

Yes I am new to RV'ing altogether actually. I will always take any advice that anyone offers like you two and such. It is nice to know that they all have issues. So at least I am not alone. Advent suggested the same thing to take it back to the dealer and have it replaced if it does not cool. Currently we are dealing with another issue that the dealer is not handling so I am in talks with the dealer and Forest River as well. Hopefully I can get that resolved and then deal with the fridge.
Old 06-24-2014, 10:26 AM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmission View Post
Yes I am new to RV'ing altogether actually. I will always take any advice that anyone offers like you two and such. It is nice to know that they all have issues. So at least I am not alone. Advent suggested the same thing to take it back to the dealer and have it replaced if it does not cool. Currently we are dealing with another issue that the dealer is not handling so I am in talks with the dealer and Forest River as well. Hopefully I can get that resolved and then deal with the fridge.
Sounds like your doing your due diligence!
Keep after them !
Another thing is dealers "hopefully" you have a good one as it will make or break your experience in RV'ing.

Don't be a stranger as we have a lot of very very knowledgeable people who are very willing to help on frf!

And whatever old coot says about me is not true 😆
He says he's a retired engineer but I think he's a lawyer
Old 06-24-2014, 10:32 AM   #11

Thank you both!

Tags
fridge, vent