Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2012, 01:09 PM   #1

Air conditioner, fan, and heater all none responsive. Help please!

Hello, we currently own a cardinal forest river lx and unfortunately my father who knew everything about our rv has just passed away a few months ago from a short fight with cancer. To make long story short my mother and I are left to care for our lovely rv and sometime in the last few months the air conditioner, fan, and heater are not turning on at all. We've got very little experience with this rv so if you guys have any advice on what's happened it would be very helpful!

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
Hobkinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:44 PM   #2
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobkinz View Post
Hello, we currently own a cardinal forest river lx and unfortunately my father who knew everything about our rv has just passed away a few months ago from a short fight with cancer. To make long story short my mother and I are left to care for our lovely rv and sometime in the last few months the air conditioner, fan, and heater are not turning on at all. We've got very little experience with this rv so if you guys have any advice on what's happened it would be very helpful!

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
First let me say that I am sorry to hear that your father passed away.

As far as your problems you post here - they all sound to be something of an electrical nature. Given that, just remember that with RV's (as with most things) it could be something simple that is not allowing these items to work.

Are you hooking up your power cord (if your unit has a power cord) properly?

Is there power to the unit - check fuses and circuit breakers.

Are the malfunctioning appliances switches in the proper position (on/off)?

Does the heater run on propane? if so, check that you have propane in your tanks - you might have to purge your propane lines - simple to do.

There are many more simple things to check that may correct your problems and you will surely receive more suggestions from other posters here - listen to them - they know what they are talking about.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:02 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like a dead battery. Plug it in for a day, and maybe the battery will charge. Might also check the water in battery.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:56 PM   #4

Follow all the above, but call your local RV dealer. If they are worth a hoot, they'll talk you through troubleshooting on the phone!
Sewtek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner, fan