Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2015, 05:16 PM   #1

Air conditioner question

Hello fellow campers, I have a new forest River Vengeance25 Ft. And the ac just keeps running. It's under warranty, but before I call the dealer, is that normal? The climate seems comfortable, except that the unit does not stop.
timothymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 05:18 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothymac View Post
Hello fellow campers, I have a new forest River Vengeance25 Ft. And the ac just keeps running. It's under warranty, but before I call the dealer, is that normal? The climate seems comfortable, except that the unit does not stop.

You may have the fan on and not auto. I have made that mistake.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 05:19 PM   #3

What is your thermostat settings? Is it on AU for automatic or low or high? Should be set to AU
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 05:31 PM   #4

Long as it's keeping you cool letter roll and worry more about it when it cools down this fall.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 05:42 PM   #5

I have lost the A/C in my 2007 Forrest River Sandpiper it was working great for the Deep South and now nothing.I checked the breakers they are all good there was one 20amp fuse I replaced it.Still nothing when you turn on the fan switch nothing sounds like I have lost the fan.all the A/C does is buzz.No fan on heat or on on or auto.Where is the fan located and what is involved in replacing.The only 2 people here to work we have had a couple of runs about the quality of their work so they are out.They want $100.00 to come out and tell me my A/C is inop. and any words are going to cost $85.00 to $100.00 per hour or words.Thanks for any advice or help and what are the chances of getting a wiring diagram ?
Pontiac49SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 05:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiac49SS View Post
I have lost the A/C in my 2007 Forrest River Sandpiper it was working great for the Deep South and now nothing.I checked the breakers they are all good there was one 20amp fuse I replaced it.Still nothing when you turn on the fan switch nothing sounds like I have lost the fan.all the A/C does is buzz.No fan on heat or on on or auto.Where is the fan located and what is involved in replacing.The only 2 people here to work we have had a couple of runs about the quality of their work so they are out.They want $100.00 to come out and tell me my A/C is inop. and any words are going to cost $85.00 to $100.00 per hour or words.Thanks for any advice or help and what are the chances of getting a wiring diagram ?
Mine did that a few years ago. It was the control board in the ac. It looks like a box. Take the vent cover off from the inside of your camper there is a sponge like filter on it. I bought a new retro kit from camping world and hooked it up. I tried to use the old sensor wire and it still didn't work. I put the new one on and it came on. Don't know what else to tell you
Old 08-08-2015, 05:49 PM   #7

The new control board unit was about $160
Old 08-09-2015, 08:14 AM   #8

A/C inop on Forrest River

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKI Marine View Post
The new control board unit was about $160
Okay thanks for the intell.I will get with Camping World check that out ! My brother was at OKi back in the late 67-68 before he went in country.I went in the Army in 69,we always kid each other now back it used to be a fight as too who was the best the Marines or the SF 5th Group I was in.He said the Marines always got us out of trouble, that we were Sleek,Silent,and Surrounded.Semper Fi !
Pontiac49SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 12:16 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiac49SS View Post
Okay thanks for the intell.I will get with Camping World check that out ! My brother was at OKi back in the late 67-68 before he went in country.I went in the Army in 69,we always kid each other now back it used to be a fight as too who was the best the Marines or the SF 5th Group I was in.He said the Marines always got us out of trouble, that we were Sleek,Silent,and Surrounded.Semper Fi !
That's great. I'm partial to Marines since I am one. Nonetheless, you served. Thanks for your service. Yes, Semper Fi
Old 08-09-2015, 03:10 PM   #10

Ok, here goes. I have seen this question /problem on other sites and have done the reset procedure twice. My system will not run on auto without the heat coming on when the cooling stops. What am I missing.
60gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:14 PM   #11

My A/C ran non stop also . I checked the thermostat and the fan mode was set to high and not auto. The A/C ran constantly...i switched it back to auto and it stops.. hope that helps
Lancaster NY
xman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:19 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60gunner View Post
Ok, here goes. I have seen this question /problem on other sites and have done the reset procedure twice. My system will not run on auto without the heat coming on when the cooling stops. What am I missing.
Could be a defective thermostat, I believe that is the only common point between the cooling and heating.
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:21 PM   #13

“Cool” - Cool Mode
In the Cool Mode the system will cycle the compressor On and Off
based on the room air temperature and the temperature set-point on
the Single Zone LCD thermostat. The fan will turn on first followed
by the compressor in approximately 2 minutes. In this mode there
are 3 fan speed selections:
Lo - (LOW): The fan operates continuously at low speed. The compressor
cycles On and Off.
Hi - (HIGH): The fan operates continuously at high speed. The compressor
cycles On and Off.
Au - (AUTO): When auto fan is selected the fan speed will vary
depending on the difference between the temperature set-point and
the room air temperature. In auto fan the compressor and the fan
will cycle On and Off with the thermostat. See “Special Features”
on page 11 for more information on auto fan.
Lancaster NY
Old 08-09-2015, 03:22 PM   #14

Notice the manual states fan speed runs continuously when high or low speed is checked
Lancaster NY

Tags
air conditioner