Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2015, 06:16 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 3
Air conditioner question

Hello fellow campers, I have a new forest River Vengeance25 Ft. And the ac just keeps running. It's under warranty, but before I call the dealer, is that normal? The climate seems comfortable, except that the unit does not stop.
__________________

__________________
timothymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 06:18 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4,356
Quote:
Originally Posted by timothymac View Post
Hello fellow campers, I have a new forest River Vengeance25 Ft. And the ac just keeps running. It's under warranty, but before I call the dealer, is that normal? The climate seems comfortable, except that the unit does not stop.

You may have the fan on and not auto. I have made that mistake.


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel
Our new 5er 10-26-16
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 06:19 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: West Carrollton, Ohio
Posts: 473
What is your thermostat settings? Is it on AU for automatic or low or high? Should be set to AU
__________________
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 06:31 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
mud yapster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,162
Long as it's keeping you cool letter roll and worry more about it when it cools down this fall.
__________________
2014 Palomino Columbus 3650TH
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 06:42 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: North( still don't like saying that) LOL!!!!
Posts: 11
I have lost the A/C in my 2007 Forrest River Sandpiper it was working great for the Deep South and now nothing.I checked the breakers they are all good there was one 20amp fuse I replaced it.Still nothing when you turn on the fan switch nothing sounds like I have lost the fan.all the A/C does is buzz.No fan on heat or on on or auto.Where is the fan located and what is involved in replacing.The only 2 people here to work we have had a couple of runs about the quality of their work so they are out.They want $100.00 to come out and tell me my A/C is inop. and any words are going to cost $85.00 to $100.00 per hour or words.Thanks for any advice or help and what are the chances of getting a wiring diagram ?
__________________
Pontiac49SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 06:48 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: West Carrollton, Ohio
Posts: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiac49SS View Post
I have lost the A/C in my 2007 Forrest River Sandpiper it was working great for the Deep South and now nothing.I checked the breakers they are all good there was one 20amp fuse I replaced it.Still nothing when you turn on the fan switch nothing sounds like I have lost the fan.all the A/C does is buzz.No fan on heat or on on or auto.Where is the fan located and what is involved in replacing.The only 2 people here to work we have had a couple of runs about the quality of their work so they are out.They want $100.00 to come out and tell me my A/C is inop. and any words are going to cost $85.00 to $100.00 per hour or words.Thanks for any advice or help and what are the chances of getting a wiring diagram ?
Mine did that a few years ago. It was the control board in the ac. It looks like a box. Take the vent cover off from the inside of your camper there is a sponge like filter on it. I bought a new retro kit from camping world and hooked it up. I tried to use the old sensor wire and it still didn't work. I put the new one on and it came on. Don't know what else to tell you
__________________
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 06:49 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: West Carrollton, Ohio
Posts: 473
The new control board unit was about $160
__________________
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 09:14 AM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: North( still don't like saying that) LOL!!!!
Posts: 11
A/C inop on Forrest River

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKI Marine View Post
The new control board unit was about $160
Okay thanks for the intell.I will get with Camping World check that out ! My brother was at OKi back in the late 67-68 before he went in country.I went in the Army in 69,we always kid each other now back it used to be a fight as too who was the best the Marines or the SF 5th Group I was in.He said the Marines always got us out of trouble, that we were Sleek,Silent,and Surrounded.Semper Fi !
__________________
Pontiac49SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 01:16 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: West Carrollton, Ohio
Posts: 473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontiac49SS View Post
Okay thanks for the intell.I will get with Camping World check that out ! My brother was at OKi back in the late 67-68 before he went in country.I went in the Army in 69,we always kid each other now back it used to be a fight as too who was the best the Marines or the SF 5th Group I was in.He said the Marines always got us out of trouble, that we were Sleek,Silent,and Surrounded.Semper Fi !
That's great. I'm partial to Marines since I am one. Nonetheless, you served. Thanks for your service. Yes, Semper Fi
__________________
OKI Marine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:10 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 3
Ok, here goes. I have seen this question /problem on other sites and have done the reset procedure twice. My system will not run on auto without the heat coming on when the cooling stops. What am I missing.
__________________

__________________
60gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
air conditioner

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:28 PM.