Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #1

Air conditioning

I am new to this forum, but not new to rving. I bought a new (left over)2010 Wildcat 5th wheel, the 32bh2b. The problem I am having is that when the air conditioning is on, it all dumps to the rear of the camper. There is barely any air moving to the front bedroom. If I open the main dump it will dump into the main living area. The air is cold. My dealer told me that there is nothing they can do about the setup. I can put in solid disks in the vent openings to restrict the amount of air coming out of the vent, or to install a whole new air conditioner on the front of the unit. I don't know where to start, so I was hoping someone else has come across this, and maybe had some ideas.

Thanks
Aaron
bullmf20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Welcome to the forum Aaron.
I had an issue with my sabre with low or no flow to my front bedroom vents as well in my 5er.
Under warranty my dealer found where the a/c mounts into the roof there was no kind of plenum to properly distribute the air. In affect air was just flowing freely within the roof.
After they fixed and sealed the plenum the air flow was a ton better.
I suggest if your unit is under warranty that your dealer makes all attempts to figure out your issue.
Nothing they can do about it is unacceptable!!!!!!!
Others have found obstructions in the ductwork .

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:37 AM   #3
Site Team - Lou

There is a great thread here by a member who opened up the plenum himself.
He photo documented his work.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:07 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Also you suggested adding another a/c unit to the front and although this is totally possible you have to do some "extra" wiring assuming your unit is only 30 amp service and your unit isn't wiring prepped for a second a/c (normally 50 amp serviced units have 2nd a/c prep.

Some have just added a separate outlet to the side of there trailer to plug extra a/c into campground pole separate from camper service.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:25 PM   #5

I was worried about the plenum too. I'll have to try to figure out how to get them to look into it.
Thanks
Old 10-19-2012, 05:00 PM   #6

I took it back to the dealer, and the dealer insists that the plenums and ducts are hooked up. They said its the way the A/C unit is set up. They are trying to figure a piece that goes in the vent to restrict the airflow. right now they are open directional slats. I had the adjustable vents in my last rv, but I thought they would have taken care of that by now. Does anyone have a number for tech support for Forest River?

Thanks
Aaron
Old 10-19-2012, 06:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769
There is a great thread here by a member who opened up the plenum himself.
He photo documented his work.
Not sure if this will help but here is what I had to do.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ner-27071.html

Made a world of difference all over the camper and the front bedroom stays cool.
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner