Old 07-02-2016, 02:12 PM   #1
Air Conditioning Issues

I wonder if anyone else has experienced this issue. When my Dometic Air Conditioning finally reaches the set temperature it shuts off as is should. The problem is it fails to come back on when the temperature rises. The only way I can get it to come back on is to toggle through the various settings, turn on the furnace for a second and then back to air conditioning at which time it will start back up and run until once again it reaches the correct temperature and then shuts itself off only for me to have to repeat the process in order for it to start again. They replaced the thermostat as well as a circuit board in the unit and it worked well for a month or so and started doing it all over again. I can overcome it by setting the temperature so low that it can't possibly attain it but then we freeze all night.

Richard & Rosalba Charron
Zephyrhills, FL
2015 Ford F150 Eco Boost
2016 Coachmen Chaparral Lite 29MKS
Rvdixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 03:18 PM   #2
not unheard of to get a bad T-stat doubt it's the board since the t-stat tells it to come on . i do know these dometic t-stat are not very accurate . mine is off by 3 degrees so to get temp at 70 i need to set it to 67 -68 same with the heat . you may want to try instead of cycling through just turn the temp down a few degrees and see if that makes it come on . if so then set your t-stat a few degrees below where you want ti and see what happens
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote

air conditioner