Old 05-12-2015, 06:17 PM   #1
Fireman

Send a message via AIM to dutch
Another Dish issue

Bought a new Dish Tailgater & VP211Z and cannot get it to work on TV . Have a2013 378XL Georgetown. I connect cable to MH connection that said Park Cable & other end to Dish Tailgater. I have a selection box inside with four cable connection in back. TV/Antenna input, Cable input, Aux/Sat input and Output to TV. Which one of these do I unscrew and screw to the back of the Dish receiver? What do I put the selector switch on the front of the box on Cable? When I configure tv do I use cable for input. Or does the TV screen goes into Dish screen. Help

US Air Force Retire SMS
dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 10:18 PM   #2

Another Dish issue

Are all of your connections on the selection box coax (cable) connections? From the way you are describing it there is no way to use your selection box with the 211z.

Whether or not you can use your outside connection depends on how many splitters it goes through. The fact that it does not say satellite is probably a sign it won't work without some modification.

What dish are you using and where is your TV relative to your 211z? You won't be using the cable connection to the TV, you will need an hdmi or av cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 05-13-2015, 07:22 AM   #3
Fireman

Send a message via AIM to dutch
Dish

Roo

The Dish is a portable Tailgater. My receiver is in a overhead compartment near the switch selector.So I have to move my receiver closer to my TV connect a HDMI cable to the back of the TV and then connect my cable to the receiver which comes from the Tailgater? I will try that when I get home. Thanks
US Air Force Retire SMS
dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 07:25 AM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Park cable coax connection isn't going to work.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "4 nights"
Old 05-13-2015, 07:29 AM   #5

This is the way my 378 is cabled and yes, park cable will work if your 378 is like this. The VIP211Z does not have a coax output for the TV. Only HDMI. The VIP211K has a coax output for the TV.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TV_Wiring_Diagram.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	235.1 KB
ID:	76838  
Old 05-13-2015, 07:39 AM   #6

There are many ways to interface the tailgater in RV's and this is the one I chose. However; I have the VIP211K receiver and therefore could use the existing coax installed. Wish FR would have pre-run HDMI cabling. I connect my tailgater to the park cable input.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	satellite.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	100.3 KB
ID:	76839  
Old 05-13-2015, 08:13 AM   #7

Dutch one option you can consider if you want yo use the selection box is to buy an av-to-coax converter. They are cheap, probably under 10 dollars. That would allow you to go from the video/audio plugs in the 211z to the satellite in on the selector box, then use the existing cable connector at your TV.

You would lose hd picture doing it this way.

If the park cable inlet does work I would personally bypass the selector box, keep your 211z by the TV connected by hdmi. So you would connect tailgater to park cable. Where cable connects to selector box bypass that and try and connect straight to TV room with a simple cable-to-cable connection. Then plug the 211z into your cable jack by TV. Hdmi from 211z to TV.

Unfortunately you might have to start as direct as possible, test, then try adding another step and see if you can get a signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums