Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2014, 06:41 PM   #1

Atwood electric tongue jack

Hopefully someone can help me out.

My parents purchased a new xlr that has the Atwood electric tongue jack.

They are currently in Galveston on their maidan voyage, he called and advised they continued popping the breaker at first while trying to run ac/fridge/water heater. They have since turned off the water heater which I believe has fixed that problem.

Now he doesn't have any power to his tongue jack, the light or motor will not work. Would this be the fuse? Or is there a reset on the tongue jack somewhere? Also where would the fuse be
Thekipkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 08:33 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I don't know about the xlr,but my fuse for the jack is in line from batt to jack. Mine popped the fuse if the jack was raised too far, like all the way contracted. In my case the jack line is separate from the rest of the electrical system,direct from batt. Hope this helps!!
Rolling buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 10:33 PM   #3

Thanks I'll tell him to check it
Thekipkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 11:45 PM   #4
aka Windjammer2012

Since the unit is new, did the tongue jack work at at one time and then stop working? I would bet on the inline fuse as was mentioned but it also could be the ground connection. There is only the hot wire running from the jack unit to the battery but the ground is the mounting of the jack to the tongue of the trailer. If the fuse is ok then losen each of the three bolts one at a time and retighten them. There are no nuts on the bolts to worry about as they should be welded to the underside of the tongue. Also check the connection of the hot wire to the battery.

I would think (without checking my unit) that the AC, refer and water heater are on seperate curcuits. I would suspect another grounding problem but unrelated to the tongue jack.

2012 Windjammer 3008W
2004 GMC 2500 HD CC Longbed
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 10:03 AM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Even if fuse appeared ok replace n try again. I've had a couple of instances,of fuses in camper look ok but are not. Hope he got it, and is camping happily !!
Rolling buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric