Old 08-04-2012, 12:31 AM   #1
audio but no video

just brought out 2010 sabre home this afternoon of course trying to make sure that everything is working ok...have found a couple of issues that i could really use your help with
1: we have a toshiba tv which extends from inside the entertainment center and the zx 800 unit for the dvd, mp3, radio etc
coming out of the zx 800 unit through the wall to the tv is two cords one with a red end one white....on the wall is another cable which is connected to a plug marked audio out
there is no way to check other connnections behind the zx800 unit all sides are enclosed
when we put in the dvd there is sound but the tv displays no video signal
after working for 2 hours we finally gave up ....hope that you can help glad i found this forum..
this being a used trailer it is totally possible that there is a missing cable but i would really have no idea..
2: this afternoon while working on the tv, the outlet plugs were working, but now they are not ...we are plugged into house current...i checked the fuses and none of them were lit as being out...

jag by 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #2
You might start by unplugging everything from the back of the t.v. except the antena ( or sattellite connection). Then with your remote go to the menu and make sure your speakers are turned on. When you go through external speakers, they must be turned off. If this gets the t.v. to work then you can experiment with the other cords. The color coded RCA cords can be identified by looking at the back of your t.v.

jdecanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:30 AM   #3
Site Team - Lou
OK, lets get you power:

A GFCI may have tripped. Look at all your outlets for one with the reset button. This will happen if the trailer is plugged into a GFCI protected outlet (like a garage outlet. It can also happen if there is a poor ground connection on one of the outlets in the protected string. That should get you power.

I attached the manual for the ZX-800. I recommend installing an HDMI cable from the socket located in the lower left rear recessed area of the radio and to the HDMI input on your TV.

You must then select "HDMI" on the TV using the "INPUT" button on the TV remote.

No need to spend a fortune on an HDMI cable (cheaper ones work just fine) just make sure it is long enough to do the job.

Value Series HDMI Cables: These quality-made cables deliver a crisp, clear audio/video signal while offering an additional, dedicated data channel, known as the HDMI Ethernet Channel, for device networking. - C2G
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ZX-800 connections.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	17527  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GT-3.0-5-4.pdf (1.89 MB, 4 views)

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote