Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2013, 07:52 PM   #1

AV "distro box"

We have a Forester 3011 DS and it has a little grey-black audio-visual distribution box (for selecting DVD vs CD vs TV etc) in it. Unfortunately mine is now located about 550 km (300 mi) away, and I can't get at it to take some pictures of how it's wired.

Is anyone handy to one that can post a few?

Why?

I'm trying to plan out how to go about getting all-digital (mixed business and streamed entertainment) set up and working in my unit. I'll likely wire up some CAT-5 around as we're also planning on doing some mods to get a full desk/workstation area (I'm an accountant and need *space* for materials I bring with me). That part I can deal with easily enough.

I intend to use a WD Live for movies, preferably via HDMI; I have some NAIM audio gear to provide "real" sound, and will have to source some decent small speakers. As I recall, the distro box is quite tightly wired in and doesn't offer a lot of choices (component only?) or inputs/outputs -- hence my question! If I have to replace it I don't mind, but I'd like to plan.....
taxbuster is offline   Reply With Quote