Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2019, 03:27 PM   #1

Awning lights switched backwards on One Control

Hello, I just purchased a barely used 2019 Forester 3271S with One Control. My awning lights are switched backwards. clicking "on" on the touch panel turns them off and vice versa. This was only a minor annoyance until I discovered that turning the battery disconnect to "off" would result in the awning lights coming on. I expect I just need to reverse two wires on a switch somewhere, any ideas where to start? Back of the One Control panel, perhaps?
Thanks,
Tom
Tom Langley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:30 PM   #2

I can’t tell what the one control is saying most of the time. I’ve started to just push the button and look, yep thats the right way.
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:01 PM   #3

Well that's not what I wanted to here. Hahaha
Old 02-11-2019, 06:37 PM   #4

If you have the Solera Smart Awning (you should on that year/model) there is a switch on the arm to control the awning lights. If the lights are turned on from there the One Control will still show off. Pressing the One Control will turn the lights off but will then show them as on. Sync the display using the switch on the arm.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:45 PM   #5

Outstanding emm-dee, I'll try that tonight! I would have stumbled across that eventually, thanks for saving me time and frustration!

Tags
awning, light, switch