Old 03-21-2014, 10:15 AM   #1
Before you purchase a stereo for TT, **** CONSIDER THIS ****

i got one about a month ago, and i can watch netflix, i can hookup my tv to it, browse the net, hookup a camera to it, usb devices YOU NAME IT. GPS.

Instead having a DVD/Blueray player in my trailer, i will be installing one as soon as the white stuff goes away. Possibilities are endless.

The best part, its 300$ shipped.

pure android car stereo 4.1 OS CPU dual core 1GHz DDR3 1G Internal memory 8GB - YouTube

Kuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 10:55 AM   #2
Phat Phrogs Incognito...
Where is this $300 shipped? The youtube video has a link to a UK ebay site that sells it for $349 British pounds... That would equate to about $575 US dollars and I doubt that international shipping is "free".

And... notice the USB connection on the front? It's a USB Mini B (old style).
And... 800 x 480 screen resolution? That's really low on a 7" screen.
And... capacitive touch display? This is what is usually found on cheap tablets and often can be a bit quirky (if not somewhat unreliable)

Don't get me wrong. I have a 2007 F350 and I am looking for a double DIN, touch screen Android powered (must be rootable) unit to install in the truck.

Must have:
  • 1024 or high resolution
  • high quality touch display
  • non glare screen
  • AM / FM stereo radio tuner
  • GPS (for navigation
  • BlueTooth A2DP, and preferrably HFP and HSP
  • CD/DVD (BluRay would be silly on a display this small)
  • Wifi connectivity (I have a JetPack)
  • Way to attach camera video (not BT, that is no good when your RV is over 40' long!)

Hopefully I will find one.

Tina + Dutch and Bell, Bobo, Harley, Buddy (the dogs)
2011 F350 Lariat 4x4 DRW SuperCrew 6.7L (B&W setup w/Air Lift 5000 Ultimate)
2014 Columbus 365RL (Airflex and Voyager package)
Nights Camped 2014 - 154, 2015 - 32, 2016 - 4
DutchF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 04:44 PM   #3
ebay "Android 4.1 6.2" stereo" and most of your Uncertainties will be solved ))

I got mine for 309$ shipped from China. It showed up at my door in 3 days with DHL.

It has micro SD, regural USB, and mini USB which is WIDELY USED.

It is NOT 7", it is 6.2" inches. 800x600 is just fine. Double Din Stereos do not come in 7"size and with knobs at the same time. It's usually the smaller size with knobs FYI.

The screen is capacitive, if you watched the video, you should know that. Its the other one (RESISTIVE) "That is what is usually found on cheap tablets and often can be a bit quirky (if not somewhat unreliable)"

It has AM/FM radio tuner - did you really watch the video?

Comes with and external GPS antenna.

Bluetooth, Wifi, Supports 3g

Auxilary inputs, USB ports, Camera port...

Now some pictures of my install, im using a non powered USB Hub that has a WiFi dongle, and a 64GB memory stick with cartoons for my kid.

Oh.... it also accepts 10$ ODBII usb cable. I have it hooked up to the hub and get live data from every sensor in my truck. Read and Reset codes etc... really cool...

I am in no way associated with the company that manufactures this, sales this or promotes it. But, i can answer some questions.
Old 03-22-2014, 06:11 PM   #4
Does this unit have a TV out option? What about speaker output? My trailer has 6 speakers. 4 in and 2 outside. I've been looking around to upgrade the Jensen but haven't found anything that works quite the same way the Jensen does.
PhotoDj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 09:42 PM   #5
You guys are killing me..... anyway here are the specs from the listing where i bought mine....

System External Memory Up to 32GB/TF Card Features SD/USB Support, Touch Screen, FM Transmitter, Games, Subwoofer Output,
WiFi, 3G(WCDMA), Steering Wheel Control, 3D Interface, RDS,iPod,
GPS, Built-in Bluetooth Digital TV or Analog TV No TV Function Display Ratio 16:9 Screen Size 6.2 inch Screen Resolution 800 x 480 OSD Languages Japanese, Turkish, Chinese, Polish, Russian, Portuguese, Italian,Spanish, German, French,
English, Danish, Norwegian, Swedish, Greek,Romanian, Hungarian, Dutch, Vietnamese,
Thai Media Type PDF, TXT, PNG, JPG, DIVX, DVD, DVD-RAM, Mp4, JPEG, WMA, Mp3,
VCD,CD+R/RW, CD-R/RW, CD, MPEG4, AVI, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW Radio Response Bandwidth AM: 522 KHz-1620 KHz;FM: 87.5 MHz-108 MHz GPS GPS Card Slot TF Card Support Map Sygic, IGO, Kudo, PAPAGO Voice Navigation Yes Amplifier & Interface Amplifier Max Output Power / Channel Qty 45 Watts x 4 Connector Type 4 x A/V OUT, 1 x GPS ANTENNA, 1 x USB, 1 x SUBWOOFER, 1 x AUX-IN,
1 x POWER, 1 x TV ANTENNA, 1 x IPOD, 1 x STEERING WHEEL CONTROL, 1 x CONNECTERS (POWER ETC), 1 x REARCAMERA, 1 x BRAKE CHECK, 1 x A/V IN General Type 2 Din Color Black Net Weight(kg) 2.4 Warranty 1 year What's in the box Power cable 1, GPS antenna 1, WiFi USB Adapter 1, Mounting bracket 1,
USB cable 1, iPod cable 1, AV cable set 2, User's manual 1,DVD host 1