Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-18-2012, 08:57 PM   #21

I checked one mfg, if you have a KIB panel on the input TB with pump wires, heater etc. the inputs for levels include black and grey wires for respective tanks. Reversing them will reverse the tank inputs to the panel. Go to Kib websight or your mfg. and check for yourself, thery are dated entries, your 2013 might different.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:21 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
I checked one mfg, if you have a KIB panel on the input TB with pump wires, heater etc. the inputs for levels include black and grey wires for respective tanks. Reversing them will reverse the tank inputs to the panel. Go to Kib websight or your mfg. and check for yourself, thery are dated entries, your 2013 might different.
I think that's what he wants. Currently there's seem to be a mixup. He has to check the black tank to see how full the gray tank is.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:12 AM   #23

LOL good rationale...Heat Wave???? We are currently on the road to Ely, MN... not looking forward to a heat wave...Be sure to make a detailed hand written schematic yourself before removing wires... Good Luck
webmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:00 AM   #24

Can you not find a friend that has a 1/2 ton truck? I will be in your area in Nov but that will not help you this summer. I can pull it then and a week later pull it back.
1999 Yamaha Grizzly
1996 HD Dyna Wide Glide
Namchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:04 AM   #25

VinceU,

Thanks. I was searching on grey water and black water before I started this thread but found so many results it was overwhelming. I did the search on tank level indicators and found a thread that was useful.

I have a KIB panel. Going to their website, it looks like mine is an M21NPVW model. Low and behold, they have schematics available for it (who would have thought ground was the white wire?). Since I have wifi at the camper, I will double-check before I start though.

Thank you (everyone) for the suggestions and pointers. I've learned a lot in the last 2 days. Very much appreciated.

++Rob
my3sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #26

Namchief,

I'm very careful about borrowing people's trucks. About 10 years ago, my vehicle was a truck and I seemed to be the go-to guy among my friends when they needed to move, or haul brush, or .... It wasn't the same friend every time but it got annoying to be loaning out the truck so much. When it was time to get a newer vehicle, I opted for improved gas mileage because I was using the hauling capability of the truck less than my friends were. So, I rent a truck from Home Depot when I do need lumber or building supplies that won't fit in my car. The rental is more than covered by the gas/insurance savings for the 3-4 times a year I need to get large things from the home improvement store.

I try not to be that friend that puts someone over the tipping point such that they too decide to get rid of the truck. I have borrowed trucks from my friends but try to minimize it for the reasons stated. It's got to be something pretty important to me before I ask. I'm fairly handy so I don't see this wire swapping to be 'worthy' of borrowing the truck. Now, if I really screw it up, I'll borrow the truck and take it to the dealer...

++Rob
my3sons is offline   Reply With Quote