Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2016, 09:20 AM   #1

Brand new 195BHS FS air conditioner leak

First post from (mostly) happy new owners of a Salem Cruise Lite and just encountered a major issue.

On our maiden voyage, we tried to the use the side-mounted A/C unit. The A/C works fine but condensation is not draining outside the unit. Instead, it is running down inside the walls and then finally leaking through the window frame underneath it. Note, it is running INSIDE the wall, not visibly down the interior wall. The water is hidden until it finds its way through the window frame.

We were level and then I even tilted us up way over (5-10+ degrees) to the side to encourage runoff to drain off properly, but it still continued to just take a path inside the wall.

I did my best to document with pictures. You can see a very tiny amount of water is coming out on/around one screw on the outside of the A/C cover. The rest is simply pouring down inside where the two section of the window frame meet.

To me, it seems like the air conditioner is not properly seated. There appear to be four slots on the outside where the condensation should get out, but they all seem about 90% blocked by the A/C itself. Or maybe the drip pan is damaged, not installed properly, etc.

Any tips/thoughts/advice? The dealer is an hour away so if this is a common or easily remedied issues, I'm handy enough to resolve it. Either way, ugh and thanks for any input!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Leak 001.png
Views:	93
Size:	872.4 KB
ID:	109555   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leak 002.png
Views:	94
Size:	1.36 MB
ID:	109556   Click image for larger version

Name:	Leak 003.jpg
Views:	104