Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2015, 05:34 PM   #1

Cable and HD Antenna Wiring

Ok I'm having a really bad experience with my new 2016 Sunseeker 3050FS, but more about that another time. One thing that's frustrating me is the TV set up.

The night before I left for my first trip I tested the King Jack Antenna successfully. Behind my main TV in the over cab area is a white plate with a single cable terminal and a button, and directly below is a brown plate with 3 cable terminals. When I picked up the RV from the dealer the TV was plugged into the white plate and the terminals on the brown plate were empty.

While camping I plugged in the cable and the TV wouldn't find any channels. I enlisted the help of the maintenance guy at the campground and we drove ourselves crazy trying to figure it out. The signal to the RV was fine.

Finally as a last ditch effort we tried plugging in the TV into the three terminals on the brown plate and the third one worked.

The end result is cable to the main TV but no cable to the other two TVs if I plug into the brown terminal. If I plug into the white plate terminal and press the button so the light comes on I can get signal to the main TV from the antenna and I'm guessing the other two, but I didn't test them.

The manual is useless and all I can gather from it is that when I push the button on the white plate to turn of the antenna it should switch to cable automatically.

Can someone help? Is there some sort of tech support line I can call?

Bill

The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
DoctorT68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:48 PM   #2

Similar issues in my Salem Hemisphere. I get signal from the powered antenna, but all TVs do not pick anything up from cable. I'm now just running the cable through the satellite connections with a splitter until I can have it looked at. Curious if anyone has ideas on troubleshooting these kinds of issues.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:44 PM   #3

Jumper missing

There should be a short cable running from the "#3" plug to which ever plug on that plate goes to the other TV locations. That is why you don't have "cable" on all locations. Factory did not put it on when they installed it and/or dealer did not check it on PDI before you picked it up.

I had to find how the factory did my Open Range in order to make sure the King thing was working. There are two outputs off the amp. under the plate with the power button also if needed. My "splitter" is cabled in the ceiling so that the plate with the power switch has nothing connected on the visible side.

During troubleshooting a broken/defective cable in the antenna head, I had all these plates out.

Good Luck and hope it is cooler where you can work on it.
whatsupchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:55 PM   #4

I went through and checked the wiring at each wall plate. What I found was a bad coax connection (bad splice) from the external connection at the plate with the amplifier. of course, this affected all of the outlets since the external connection splits off from the amplified wall plate. In my case, it was in the bedroom. Once I fixed the connection, everything worked fine.

Tags
antenna, wiring