Old 11-19-2017, 11:47 PM   #1

Cable tv hookup not working

Hi, just bought a 240fs. At the dealer, they had the DVD player working and the antenna on.Both tvís worked great, picture and sound. Drove it home, then took it out this weekend to find I was unable to get the cable to work. I did the channel scan and turned off the antenna booster but still nothing. I was going to try a new cable but before I hit the wal mart I wanted to ask if there was a setting to switch it on the tv? Also there is a dish TV sat up top. It seems like a simple setting issue but I wanted to ask before I continue. Any help would be appreciated

2fst4lve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 06:37 AM   #2

The source (input) for the TV must be set to cable instead of ant and then a channel scan can be run.

bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:47 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
The source (input) for the TV must be set to cable instead of ant and then a channel scan can be run.

Yes, youíre right. I made sure it was on cable as well. Still no luck. But thank you for the help.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:39 AM   #4

It's the same coax cable interconnect for the park cable input from where the coax's are combined (splitter etc.) so maybe the park cable is not connected at that location or the cable is bad. If there was a short in the cable (coax to center conductor) I believe all the coax cables would be affected. Just guessing here.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:07 AM   #5

I will try and trace it out as best as I can but it seems like either a bad cable, break in the connection or wrong setting. I really appreciate the help.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:09 AM   #6

Most park cable systems now days need a receiver box to work. Did you have a park supplied receiver?
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:23 AM   #7

Not a park supplied receiver. My 2018 is hooked up with SAT/cable/ant. It just had your standard hook up.
Old 11-20-2017, 09:34 AM   #8

All that is is a coax cable to move the signal from outside to inside behind your TV. You still need a dedicated park cable box to work. In the old days before digital you could simply hook to your TV and get a few channels. Not any more.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 09:37 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniedu View Post
All that is is a coax cable to move the signal from outside to inside behind your TV. You still need a dedicated park cable box to work. In the old days before digital you could simply hook to your TV and get a few channels. Not any more.
That's not an entirely true statement. The campgrounds I've visited have all had cable available, and NO cable box is required. It depends on where you go...
TV: 2016 Ford F-150 3.5 EcoBoost

marinerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 10:11 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by donniedu View Post
I believe what you are referring to is a converter for a non digital TV for over the air antenna receiving. Not many of those around today (extinct). No cable box needed (except at a very few locations) for park cable input, even with non digital TV's.

Tags
cable