Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2019, 01:52 PM   #1

Cable vs Satellite

It seems the purpose of the forum is to share information. I found this interesting so I thought I would share.

I have a Salem 5th wheel 386FBK. I was having trouble with the park cable. The picture at the cable pedestal was good. The television picture inside the unit kept breaking up. Tried playing with the antenna booster and switching between Air and Cable with no luck. It was suggested that I replace the push-on cable connections with the crimp type to improve the reception. This was a good idea but didnt seem to resolve the problem.

Through more discussion I discovered that the satellite connection goes directly to a TV. If you have 2 satellite connections they each go directly to separate TV's. This bypasses the antenna booster. And solved my problems!

Hopefully this will help others with similar problems.
Hawkeye1558 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cable, lite, satellite