Old 10-10-2013, 10:17 AM   #1

Can I connect a grill to my propane tank?

We are thinking of buying a Weber Q100 grill and want to connect it to our propane tank. Is anyone familiar enough with a 2009 Forest River Lexington 255DS to know if this is possible?

polar bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:24 AM   #2
Fulltime family RVer

How do you want to do it? Directly to the tank itself? To a quick connect fitting on the camper itself?

Or that's what you need help with?

Old 10-10-2013, 10:27 AM   #3

I would like to do it directly to the tank if possible. Our unit doesn't have bottles it has a single built in tank. Just curious if that's possible? Just not familiar enough (yet) with the tank to know if there is an appliance hookup.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:35 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by polar bear View Post
We are thinking of buying a Weber Q100 grill and want to connect it to our propane tank. Is anyone familiar enough with a 2009 Forest River Lexington 255DS to know if this is possible?
This is not specific to the Lexington but there are a couple ways.

You can buy a pressure regulator and hose assembly, then fit it up to the grill the same as a BBQ grill at home base.

Another way (which I did on my Wildwood for my Sidekick BBQ) is if you have a connection point (or can create one) in the propane piping of the Lexington you can go from there to the grill without a regulator because that line is already regulated by the TT connection regulator.

If your Weber has an attached regulator you can buy a propane hose without regulator and come off of your TT tank directly.

By the way welcome to the forum from mid California.
2000 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager M-8357 MH, Ford Trident V10 Gasser, 35 foot.
Batts-toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #5

Looked into this myself....search out a few threads here. Some one may correct me but this is how I understand it:

If you want to hook the grill to the quick connect as others have asked i think you need to remove the regulator on the grill to make it work correctly. The supply at the quick connector is already regulated. DO NOT remove the regulator and hook directly to any tank or propane source if you are unsure if the line is regulated.

If you want to hook directly to a tank you leave the grill alone and get the appropriate connections. Plenty of options for hoses and connectors to make it work at camping world or even on amazon.

I carry a small 5lb tank in place of the many Coleman tanks for the grill and other propane items I want to use.

Here is what I use for our camp grilling set up:

Amazon.com: Coleman High-Pressure Propane Hose and Adapter: Sports & Outdoors

Amazon.com: Worthington 281149 1-Gallon Steel Propane Cylinder With Type 1 With Overflow Prevention Device Valve: Patio, Lawn & Garden

I
Nights Camped 2016: 32
ryand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:01 PM   #6

Thanks for your time and the info. I will post what solution we come up with when we return from our weekend in the mountains!
Old 10-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #7

I had a "T" with shutoff valve inserted between the tank and the onboard regulator for my Q100. The only thing I had to remember to do is open the new valve slowly so that the tank would not sense a rapid flow and do an emergency shut down. Worked fine.

bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane, tank