Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #21

Here is a wiring diagram of the coax distribution in your RV:
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1252731530.jpg
Views:	618
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	41643

I have included in this diagram the red lines which show how you need to connect the Channel 3-4 (coax) output of the Vip211k receiver back into your system.

The "Set 2" output from your antenna booster control plate goes into that secondary splitter. Just put your Sat receiver output into that splitter instead. Here's a picture of the back of the antenna booster control so you can tell which wire is the "Set 2" output. You can use an AB Switch to make this easier to reconfigure when you want to deliver off-the-air signals instead.
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-723967866.jpg
Views:	2189
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	41645

Just connect your outside TV to the coax output in your photo then.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #22

I don't know how the video cables are wired in your RV. It seems like you should be able to do that to get video outside. Perhaps the audio then comes they your Concertone system (which perhaps has outside speakers?).

Did you set the switch on that panel in your photo to the Sat position? Does the Sat audio come out thru the system speakers?
Old 10-23-2013, 08:12 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbreaux View Post
So sorry for the confusion,I can connect a 2nd TV to the receiver with the rca outputs behind the receiver. What I am wondering is can I connect the video out from the receiver to one of the jacks on the side wall inside the camper to go to the outside rec video jack.

I am trying to go from my satellite receiver(video output for TV2) to one of these to use existing wiring in the camper to go
Attachment 41642

to the video jack here
Attachment 41644
That 'TV Video out' plate...is it a coax or RCA connection. I can't really tell on my dark monitor? What does that go to?

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #24

To chime in here. On my old camper that had the outside yellow video output, that was from the Genesis system, for watching DVD video outside and the outside speakers would then supply the audio. The coax, is part of the regular ota antenna system. To use the yellow output, you probably need to access three rear of the AV system. There are extra AV inputs, do you can run to these from the sat.

Hope this helps
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:23 PM   #25

I will try tomorrow using the set 2 diagram. The audio is going through the concertone unit, I do have the switch set to the sat position.
2006 Polaris H.O. 500EFI Sportsman
1996 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
jlbreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:26 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
That 'TV Video out' plate...is it a coax or RCA connection. I can't really tell on my dark monitor? What does that go to?
RCA connection
Old 10-23-2013, 09:41 PM   #27

I feel like I led you astray from what you were trying to do (use the RCA jack) which should work just fine. I apologize.

The missing piece may be that you haven't set the Concertone unit to the proper input source. Focus on getting the sound from the Sat receiver on your speakers first. Then the outside RCA video jack should work.

It may also be that the receiver doesn't output signal on the RCA video outputs when you have the HDMI cable connected to it, so try removing that to start with.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:35 AM   #28

Barry, your input, as well as all the others is appreciated. It made me think of other things to try that I did not try to start off with. I do have sound coming from my A,B & C(outside) speakers. The concertone plays TV audio through AV1 setting, even with the sound coming through the concertone and all speakers I still cannot get video on the TV outside. My concertone only works with the remote and it powers on and off on its own, so I am thinking it may be the whole issue since concertone is a total peice of s*^%. I did not think of the HDMI cable, I will hook up the receiver with RCA cables instead of the HDMI cable and give that a shot this afternoon after work. Worse case I have to bring my camper in on the 6th so I will question them what jack on the inside by the TV goes to the outside output jacks. If nothing else I will install RCA cables myself and have them come out of my front storage, just hate to drill holes in the camper you know.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #29

I think the sound coming from your speakers on the AV1 setting is from your TV. Turn off the main TV and find a setting (AV2?) that gives you TV sound from the Sat receiver directly (eg, when the main TV is OFF).

Using RCA plugs to connect your main TV to the receiver won't have any effect on this. Just leave that as HDMI (but unplug HDMI from the receiver for this test). The RCA plugs need to go from the receiver to that wall plate you showed in your picture.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #30

I will also give that a try!

Tags
camper