Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2015, 10:07 AM   #1

Check your TV brackets

I was going through my Solaire 317 getting ready for the first trip. I decided to pull my tv down and run an audio input to it from the DVD. Previously DVD audio would only go through the stereo speakers and not the TV. The TV flips around to the bedroom so that was a small but sometimes necessary feature to have. Once I pulled my TV down I noticed the screws on the vertical brackets were loose. The bolts on the back of the TV were also loose. Just a heads up to check those periodically. See the pics of the bracket and bolts on the TV. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1427382309.362072.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	72241Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1427382325.959761.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	72242

2013 Solaire Eclipse 317BHSK 2009 Denali XL Tow Vehicle with Equalizer distribution and sway control
PMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:38 AM   #2

Once I find these sorts of "hidden" nuts, bolts, screws that seem to have loosened themselves, I try to take a moment to find my "Loctite" Loctite Threadlocker Blue 242 from Loctite Adhesives (or a similar product--even Harbor Freight has one).
Different colors (red or blue) usually indicate how solidly it holds (sometimes you want to take things apart later).
Follow instructions-a small drop, wait a few minutes , then reassembling usually does the trick.
I opened our fifth on the road, only to find one of the kitchen counter pendant lights hanging by its wires-the mounting nuts had backed themselves out. A bit of electricians tape for good measure, and some loctite went on that one-once I found it on the floor! Took a moment to take the second hanging light apart and did the same thing, right then.
Better safe than sorry.

Long Leaf Piners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:46 AM   #3

I thought about loctite and will definitely go back and add it. When I saw this it was 10:00 at night with a TV in one hand (plug and other wiring still connected) and my tools just barely in reach. I knew I did not have any in the garage so I just tightened them up for now. Nice add to this post though, shame on me for not mentioning. LOL.

2013 Solaire Eclipse 317BHSK 2009 Denali XL Tow Vehicle with Equalizer distribution and sway control
PMickey is offline   Reply With Quote