Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-15-2019, 09:46 PM   #1

Clarion VX401 Problem

Hi,
I have a Clarion VX401 installed in the dash of my 2014 Georgetown XL 378ts. If I turn the unit on while the motor is running it defaults to the backup camera audio and video and I can't get it out of that mode unless I shut the motor off and leave the ignition in accessory mode. Then I can turn it off and on just to get the radio to work. If I start the engine up again it goes right back to the backup camera audio and video. Any ideas what the problem may be? Any suggestions for a replacement unit that has the same capabilities? (radio, video, GPS)

Thanks.

Wayne

2014 Georgetown XL 378TS
2002 Porsche 911 Cabriolet (...just for fun!)
wslow57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 05:31 PM   #2

Clarion VX401 Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by wslow57 View Post
Hi,

I have a Clarion VX401 installed in the dash of my 2014 Georgetown XL 378ts. If I turn the unit on while the motor is running it defaults to the backup camera audio and video and I can't get it out of that mode unless I shut the motor off and leave the ignition in accessory mode. Then I can turn it off and on just to get the radio to work. If I start the engine up again it goes right back to the backup camera audio and video. Any ideas what the problem may be? Any suggestions for a replacement unit that has the same capabilities? (radio, video, GPS)

Thanks.

Wayne

I have the same problem, hoping for an answer, I have a Georgetown 360, 2014.
Jerry3831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 09:57 AM   #3

We just had ours replaced tried to update the gps and it never worked after that. Check all the lights to ensure none are out and also I’ve polled the console numerous times to find that the cables came loose. Sometimes that helps. Good luck following to see how you make out. Also check the clarion sites or Best Buy.
jacked250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 05:06 PM   #4

Did you go back with clarion, or did you buy a different brand?
Jerry3831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 05:09 PM   #5

It was replaced with a new pioneer set up works beautiful
Old 02-08-2020, 05:21 PM   #6

Jerry 3831
It is an AVIC-W8500NEX
It was covered under an extended warranty. Lazy days in Tampa installed it. I’m sure the difficulty level of install is probley a 2 if that. Everything plugged into existing hardware. Bet you can get one at Best Buy or online. If you registered your clarion unit check and see if it may be covered under their warranty. Hope this helps.