Old 08-14-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
Love My Sunseeker

Class C w/Entertain. Center - Where is the Antenna Signal Booster?

I've owned Class C's before, but never had an Entertainment Center. In those previous Class C's, there was a "TV Antenna Signal Booster" on the face plate of where the cable line was connected, usually somewhere in the overhead bunk.

Currently, I have a Class C Sunseeker 3170 with Entertainment Center, with JACK Antenna. The set up is that my TV's are connected to a switchbox where I have to push a button for whether it's Cable, or DVD, or Antenna, or some other video appliance I choose to connect. The Switchbox is in one of the cabinets in the Entertainment Center. The cables out the back of the Switchbox all disappear into this "hole" (I call it the "black hole") in the back of the cabinet, and I cannot even get to the cable connection face plate. I suppose I could if I took the TV off, but that's a 30+ inch TV, I'm too scared to take it off the wall!

In this kind of a setup, is there an Antenna booster? If so, where is it? Or does the JACK not need one?

The reason I'm asking is that when I watch Cable, it's awful. There are "lines" all over the screen which is what happens when you leave the antenna booster on (if there is one in my unit.....). I DO make sure the JACK is turned off when I'm on cable. DVD's aren't so hot, either, but I've already figured out that's an issue with the MagnaDyne setup. (where you put the DVD in the driving area dashboard) On that setup, you have to turn the volume down on the driving area dashboard and use the TV Volume, OR, you turn the TV volume all the way down and use the dashboard volume, you can't have "conflicting" volumes, but this only works to clear up the picture on the front TV using DVD's. The rear TV still has a bad picture with "lines" when watching DVD's. Ok, I digress. My main question is still......... is there an Antenna booster somewhere, or does the JACK not need one? (I have the ceiling box with the very bright lights that keep you awake at night.....)

Side note: I have discovered that if you are pretty close to a TV transmitter, you can turn the "light box" off once you scan in those channels. Even if you only have ONE blue light on (plus the red light), it is still bright enough to keep you awake!

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:16 PM   #2
Love My Sunseeker

Did some googling, and apparently SOME JACK models do come with a booster on the cable wall connection face plate. I can't tell if mine did or not, because I have the "entertainment center" and the cable wall connection is buried behind the wall connection. The only "owner's manual" I have is a photocopied instruction for how to turn the "light box" on.

How can I tell if I have a booster or not? My TV's are connected to a central switchbox where I have to press a button for CABLE, ANTENNA, DVD, etc.

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, class c