Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2016, 02:11 PM   #1

Closed Captioning

I recently purchased a Rockwood Minilite 2304KS. It came with a IRV 34 multimedia receiver and a Furrion fehs24t8a led hd tv. I decided to watch a DVD yesterday and there were subtitles or closed captioning on the screen. I have not been able to figure out how to turn the closed captioning off. On the Furrion tv the closed captioning control is not active in the set up menu. And on the IRV 34 I cannot figure out how to display the irv34 system set up menus on the tv screen. Please help. Thank you!
Hayesde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 09:55 AM   #2

We just got our 23IKSS a few weeks back, and we have the same thing happening. For reasons I don't understand, the iRV unit always defaults to having the captions on when we play a DVD. The only way we've been able to fix it is to go into the DVD menu and change the settings in the DVD menu itself to remove the captions. Usually, we forget to do this, start a movie, see the captions, and then have to eject the movie to get back into the main menu & change the settings...I'm sure over time we'll get better at doing that before we start watching the movie. But it would be nice if we could figure out a way to get iRV to NOT default to that every time we put a movie in - so would love to hear if anyone has figured that out yet!!
2019 Days Camped: 5, but many more planned!
Maman325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 04:56 PM   #3

Hello, i'm new to the forum and had this closed caption issue with my 2017 Roo. Using the "Radio" remote find the button for sub-titles. When you click on it you will see closed captions for English, French.... and "None" click on the None and it's gone.
Camp-roo is offline   Reply With Quote